Borat's dupes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borat's dupes..

Some are rightfully pissed at being used by this clown..

Getting people drunk and then lying to them and having them sign away their rights for $400 so you can make nine figures while using their embarrasing actions in a movie? No way I will ever patronize this crap now. You know, by coercing and using people like this, SBC thinks he is exposing latent antisemitism that EVERYONE feels.. well guess what he's really doing? He's PROMOTING antisemitism by embodying a negative stereotype that Jews have had to overcome. What an a$$hole.

Ordinary people generally tend to go with the flow, but I'm sure there are many who did not fit his agenda whose episodes were not used. Those who were duped got a pittance and had their lives ruined so this a$$hole could get filthy rich. Haha.. yeah real funny.

An old Jewish proverb says that a man is measured by his glass, his pocket and his anger.
    Those students failed the first test, that of the glass. I've seen Borat many times BEFORE the movie (Borat is a rather old character, as well as Ali-G and Otto, which many Europeans already know) and while Otto constantly points and proves hypocricy and gay-hatered, Borat does the same about Jews and minorities. There are quite a few people who didn't fall in his trap, not because they didn't know Borat, but because they're good, honest people. Other, apparently - aren't.

This one is ooooold... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeCDjDRJ9t0
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I saw that. Half the people are poor idiot drunks just following along. The rest have incredulous looks on their faces. While what you say might be true that they were tested and failed, did they ask to be tested in this way? Did they ask to be made fools of to a worldwide audience? You, too, have failings. We all do. Would you want someone to expose yours to the world and profit from so doing, while giving you an insulting pittance for your contribution?

What I think he's really proving is that your average person is weak willed and follows along with whatever the leader of the group is doing. That's hardly a surprise, but what is a surprise is that anyone would follow along with this stupid Borat character, though I can see someone trying to be polite and understanding toward someone whose English is really not good, which gets them in the mode to be led.

I'm not apologizing for those idiots in the bar, though.. what a bunch of pathetic fools. Luckily, most of them probably don't vote.
      Last edited by KvHagedorn; 24 November 2006, 02:54.

Comment

From your link
        Two of Cohen's targets — fraternity boys who made drunken, insulting comments about women and minorities — are suing 20th Century Fox and three production companies.
        Seay, it seems, is rarely photographed without alcohol in his hand, as seen in a series of eight MySpace photos reproduced here.
        NOVEMBER 13--Justin Seay, one of the many unwitting co-stars of 'Borat,' would prefer these days to be known only as 'John Doe.' The University of South Carolina graduate, 24, is one of two former fra
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
          I saw that. Half the people are poor idiot drunks just following along. The rest have incredulous looks on their faces. While what you say might be true that they were tested and failed, did they ask to be tested in this way? Did they ask to be made fools of to a worldwide audience? You, too, have failings. We all do. Would you want someone to expose yours to the world and profit from so doing, while giving you an insulting pittance for your contribution?
          No I wouldn't, but then again, I'll have only myself to blame for being an idiot.

What I think he's really proving is that your average person is weak willed and follows along with whatever the leader of the group is doing. That's hardly a surprise, but what is a surprise is that anyone would follow along with this stupid Borat character, though I can see someone trying to be polite and understanding toward someone whose English is really not good, which gets them in the mode to be led.
          Apparently, the American people are more gullible and easy to lead by the nose than the Brits, at least according to my observation of Borat so far. Maybe the American average Joe is truly radically different from the British/whatever one. It does make sense when you see all kind of ther TV pranks pulled on the average person in differnt countries.

I'm not apologizing for those idiots in the bar, though.. what a bunch of pathetic fools. Luckily, most of them probably don't vote.
          I don't want to go into politics, for as far as I know (which is admittedly little), those kind of people (western country music etc.) are mostly republicans and in general, republicans vote more than democrats.

Comment

Generalities don't work with this one. There are as many loony left Dems in country bars as Republicans, perhaps more 'cause they know that's where the fun is

For the record; southerners, westerners and midwesterners are mostly conservatives, regardless of party. The loony left, as exemplified by the Dem leadership caste, is concentrated in California, Oregon and New England, but we have to put up with 'em here too.

In the Democrat party conservatives range from the "Blue Dog's" who are social, defense and fiscal conservatives to the Democratic Leadership Council who are primarily fiscal conservatives. Together they make up well over 40%, and perhaps 50%, of Democrats and, depending on the issue, often vote with Republicans.

Combined with the Republicans they will form the working majority in the next Congress, regardless of which party is running the leadership of each house. The same situation existed when Reagan was President in the 80's.
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 November 2006, 10:09.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

He's getting married to her...(!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
                He's getting married to her...(!!!)

Her site is painfully slow.
                I hate her already.
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                X