Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOB to avi/mpeg conversion

Hello,

I have MS Pro 7 and Nero. I need to pull some video off of some old DVDs I burned. I can get the VOB files using Nero but I think I need an utility to put these into a format that I can edit in MS Pro 7. Can anyone offer advice or suggest an inexpensive conversion tool that will do a decent job?

Thanks.

Jon

Why not pull them off using Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7?

You'll have them in .MPG format that way.

I have an old tutorial about how to do it here:

I plan to update the tutorial for version 8 soon.

DVD-RAM discs have .VRO files in DVD_RTAV folders.

Most other formats have .VOB files in Video_TS folders.

The process for extracting the video is the same using MediaStudio Pro 7's "DVD-VR Capture Plug-In."

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Thanks, Jerry, I'll check it out it. Just never did much file conversion.

Jon

Comment

Everytime I get to "screens to capture" my MS 7 video capture program crashes. Have tried it with -R and -Rom formats. Have rebooted as well. I'm actualy using 7.2 -- have all the upgrades in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jon

Comment

Ever try copying the *.vob's to the HDD then renaming them to *.mpg? Workd with most non-commercial discs.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Odd.

If you've already installed the update patches, then I'm not certain what would be causing that to happen.

Jerry Jones
            I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

If you Google "VOB to DV" or "VOB to MPG", you will be offered many choices, some freeware. The advantage over MSP7 or just changing the extension is that these will mostly give you the whole disc contents in a single file, like MSP8 does. I suggest also you upgrade to 7.3, SP3 http://www.ulead.com/tech/msp/msp_ftp70.htm.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks all,

Will try the update first. One of the fixes in the update is "Crashing problem when importing DVD-VR files was fixed."

Jon

Comment

I had to run the 7.3 patch twice to get it to work. But now the capture program worked fine. Lots of motion artifacts when playing it in MSP, but it looks okay when creating a new file.

Thanks, everyone, for your help. Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X