Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double CPU Shoot-Out ... P3 vs Cel.

Hi Guys !

I found an interesting article, where they compared a double Celeron combo (2xCeleron300A @ 504MHz) to a double P3 one (2xPIII-500 @ 560MHz) ...

Here's the link:
    http://www.arstechnica.com/cpu/3q99/smp/smp-1.html

And what a head to head pace that is

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
    Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Hmm.. the same MB & CPU with my machine which is running RedHat Linux ... And it is really cheap and powerful to do heavy FPU calculations... The only pity thing is that EPOX KP-6BS doesn't have a clock generator which has PCI divider "4"... My CPUs limit is 558 with Dual Processors under NT4... Of course, they run without increasing the CPU's voltage. Moreover, they even pass the BIOS post under 600MHz (133MHz * 4), 2.0v. Such a monster!!! Really terrible...

But I prefer PII rather than Celeron for Business applications... Cause I always use the 32bpp environment and open a lot of windows... so Celeron will give me some random delay when there are a lot of context switches... It seldom happens to PII. So I change my original Celeron 300A@450 to PII-266@412...

However, I would never suggest someone buy PII or Slot version of PIII... Its benefit is not worth its price! But why do I have one? In fact, my PII-266 is given by my brother... it is free to me

P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Working...
    X