Genesis reunion tour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis reunion tour!

I just found out that my all time favourite band has a reunion tour scheduled for 2007.

Phil is rejoining Genesis!

They are going to do 20 shows in Europe and 20 shows in North America.

I'm so excited!

I'm thinking about seeing them in Europe this summer and maybe going to more than one show on this side of the pond.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Heard about this on the radio last week, but didn't get the full details. Pretty cool.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

With our withour Peter? New music or old? If old, how old?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

without Peter .. here are some more informations: http://www.genesis-news.com/genesis/...gain_2007.html

# The band discussed doing The Lamb, but Peter could not agree to do it now
        # Steve Hackett is not involved because the tour will mostly cover the 3-men-era
        # Besides Tony, Mike & Phil, Chester Thompson and Daryl Stuermer are involved
        # A new album will NOT be recorded
        # No tracks from Calling All Stations will be played
        # A selection of songs from 1973-1991 will be performed
        # A North American tour will be put together for the time after the european tour
        # An Encore Series is possible, but no decision has been made yet
        # 5.1 Releases will come out in 2007 - more on that in a separate special!
        "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I am verily pissed-off about the SACD releases of Lamb and Selling. I've been waiting for these for about two years now only to read that they are postponed till late 07/early 08
          Worst of all, the mixes are supposedly already finished for quite some time now. Buggers.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

http://www.genesis-music.com/ has links to a recorded webcast of the press conference announcing the Europe tour.

It's about half an hour long. It's well worth watching for any Genesis fans.

The guys talk about why Peter isn't involved yet, etc.

Comment

Wow that was pretty cool.

Comment

I always wanted to see them in concert. I did see Phil on a solo tour in the early 90s, and he was great. Amazing talent...he ran around the stage and played just about every instrument at one time or another.
                Can't wait to hear about the US leg if the tour...
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I've seen Phil in concert a few times (before he went lame) but I've never seen Genesis.

I've always been upset with myself for missing their We Can't Dance tour.

Sweet Retribution! I am so excited!

Comment

Working...
                  X