Wii Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Hunt

So I was planning on being away over the holidays so I didn't try to preorder a Wii but now that I've had to change my plans I figure it would be nice to get one.

Anyone know where I can get one in the GTA? Are any stores taking reservations?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

See thats the nice thing about nintendo, no artificial supply shortages.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

They're sold out around here, but due to actual popularity, not artificial fixing... and the stores expect more in very shortly.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

You think Sony is "artificially" holding PS3s out of the market? To borrow an expression from Rumsfeld... They went to launch with the inventory they had, not the inventory they wanted.

An argument could be made that perhaps they should have held back the launch because of inventory constraints but my guess is that they had deals in place with various publishers for the Christmas '06 season and would have paid penalties if they didn't launch.
        Last edited by schmosef; 21 November 2006, 19:13.

Comment

I think the truth falls somewhere in-between and possible elsewhere (not enough cash on hand was just suggested to me *wink*).

I do think Sony created an artificial sense of demand, regardless of the reasons why, and they banked on that very thing during the NYC launch. What else would you call showing up with a large truck-load of PS3 boxes that turn out to be empty? Nevermind giving false hope to those that waited in line across the country for the launch.

And let's be honest, Sony has played the artificial supply shortage hand before. It's a known business practice of many companies.

Nintendo wins out on this because they are selling out regardless and (save for some stores being arsehats) treated the people lined up for the Wii launch with some level of decency and respect (white wristbands that guaranteed a Wii, a roving Wii-enabled Segway, etc.).
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw
            I think the truth falls somewhere in-between and possible elsewhere (not enough cash on hand was just suggested to me *wink*).
            yeah, i get those bulletins too.

I do think Sony created an artificial sense of demand, regardless of the reasons why, and they banked on that very thing during the NYC launch. What else would you call showing up with a large truck-load of PS3 boxes that turn out to be empty? Nevermind giving false hope to those that waited in line across the country for the launch.

And let's be honest, Sony has played the artificial supply shortage hand before. It's a known business practice of many companies.

Nintendo wins out on this because they are selling out regardless and (save for some stores being arsehats) treated the people lined up for the Wii launch with some level of decency and respect (white wristbands that guaranteed a Wii, a roving Wii-enabled Segway, etc.).
            every company tries to create demand for their products. i can't fault sony for having a left hand (the marketting team) that did a better job than their right hand (the engineering/manufacturing team).

i think that the demand they created might backfire on them. parents will be under so much pressure to deliver this holiday season that it will translate into more sales of wiis and 360s.

Comment

check out www.redflagdeals.com for any threads about toronto availability of the wii
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
              X