Matrox - OGL partly functioning, demo crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox - OGL partly functioning, demo crashes

I am a bit frustrated at the moment - in order to finally make my mill. G200 work properly, I formatted my hard drive, installed win98 from scratch, and generally did it all by the book - but still things aren't working the way they should.

First of all, the "MGA G200 Tech demo" downloaded from Matrox' home page doesn't work, and it hasn't been for some time. I've been running 4.51, and the demo has not been working (I get the menu screen, and when I choose "Start demo", the screen turns black, I hear the first half second of the music, and then the program exits to Windows.). I have made it work before, but I cant remember what combination of drivers I used...

Now, of course running the demo isn't a big deal for me, but it not working suggests to me that my system is faulty, and that is the frustrating part!

As far as OpenGL is concerned, the Win98 OGL screensavers finally run fairly smoothly, which would suggest a working ICD, but games? forget it. Havent tested more than 2 - Descent 3 demo 2 doesen't detect any Open GL support at all, and Half Life hangs immediately.

The rest of my system consists of:

Aopen AX59Pro MB (VIA MVP3)
    - I havent been able to download the brand new drivers from VIA (released today), but I use the PCI bridge patch, USB filter driver, IRQ driver and AGP driver released in April.
    Bios is updated to 2.2
    CPU: AMD K6-2 300
    64 MB PC100 ram
    Diamond Sonic Impact S90
    .. and yes, today I flashed the MGA bios from 2.2 to 2.3, it didn't help any as far as I could tell.

I would greatly appreciate any hints...

Magnar.
Working...
X