Refurb iPods on Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurb iPods on Sale

Apple has released a batch of certified refurbished, warrantied iPods for sale:

Shuffles as low as $29, iPods with video $179 for 30 GB, $229 for 60 GB, and everything in between. Free shipping, warranty upgrades available. If you're interested I would recommend buying one right now, they will be gone by evening.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

So let me get this straight.

The batteries fail on NEW ones. And they think we're interested in REFURBS?

*snicker*

I mean, great prices and all. I'll keep my Zen, though. Thanks!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Actually, what Apple calls refurbs is sometimes a little misleading. Often time they're not refurbs at all, but extra stock, and if they are actual refurbs, then they've been overhauled.

And the batteries only fail on some of the 'new' ones. It's a problem that crops up every so often, and Apple isn't the only one that suffers from it. Let's keep the FUD to a minimum.

Anyhow, picked up a few of the shuffles for stocking stuffers. The refurb sale has been going on for a few days now and most of the items have sold out only to be 'restocked' not long after.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Is this macmini a good deal? http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObje....4.1.5.1.0.5.0

I don't keep upto date with mac stuff - can I run XP on here using the new dualboot stuff?

Slightly OT I know, but it is an Apple offer.
        FT.

Comment

That's a session link, we can't access it. I haven't seen your links, but it's really simple: You can only boot Windows on the Intel macs, not on the Power Macs. Oh, and I think the mac mini is optimal for a living room PC or as a music server. It's basically a notebook without a screen, which means it draws very little power (~20 W, IIRC) and is also very very quiet.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Sorry, its at the uk apple store. special deals, Apple Refurb (Mac), 1/3 down:

Apple Certified Refurbished Mac mini
            Refurb Mac mini 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo/ 512MB/ 80GB/ SD/ GMA950/ AP/ BT - Apple Certified
            Learn More
            • Save 31% off the original price
            Original price: £599.00
            Your price: £419.00
            (£356.60 ex VAT)

Ready to ship:
            24hrs

Free Shipping

It's for an extra PC for my wife, who is now teaching IT. She needs XP and Office 2003, internet and the ability to connect through a VPN.

Ta.
            FT.

Comment

I actually have enough bits around to build her a XP2500, but as this is going downstairs (essentially in the lounge) something small and quiet appeals.
              FT.

Comment

Oh crap, we never get such offers here :/ (and 29$ for shuffle 512 (I guess, it isn't available now) would be sweet...)
                And mini for 59$...

Comment

I'd say it's a nice deal - look what used mac minis cost at ebay, it's insane! From all I heard, the mini is a very good machine - I'm thinking of getting a mini in a few months as a server and backup machine, but only if I can get one a little cheaper then (used).

I don't know how well Boot Camp works, though.
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The Mac mini is a pretty damn decent machine for what it is. It's actually been the most problem free of the latest Mac lines (with the notebooks suffering the most issues).

Boot Camp works well enough, though there are still driver issues here and there as well as some horror stories of it corrupting the partition OS X resides on. Another option, if you're comfortable using OS X, would be Parallels, which seems to work decently well by most accounts.
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Its now a moot point, at least for a while. I found a good deal on a 19" WS LCD TV/monitor with integrated DVD player and plenty of inputs, so some money went there instead and she can make do with the bits and peices PC for now.

Ta anyway.

T.
                      FT.

Comment

Working...
                      X