Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 6.11 out

New features:
    This release of Catalyst® introduces software CrossFire™ support for any combination of Radeon® X1900 and X1950 installed in a system running either the Windows XP or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition operating system.

Performance Improvement:
    A performance increase is noticed in Call of Duty 2. Performance improves as much as 12.5% at 19x12 settings and as much as 10.5% at 12x10 settings on X1900 Software Crossfire configurations. Largest gains seen with 4xAA enabled.
    Lots of issues solved, but you can't link directly to the Release Notes any longer.

Download:
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Cool new drivers for my crossfire X1950 Pros
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
      Cool new drivers for my crossfire X1950 Pros
      ehm ....

Note: Software CrossFire™ is not supported on the Radeon® X1950 Pro product line.
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Already have the bridges installed and the 6.11 last night went in with no problems, so far.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Still crash powerdvd 7 despite the latest patch for 7 installed which is supposed to fix it.
          Hardware acceraltion also causes blurry images due to the way the noise filtering works. Another words these cat 6 drivers are poor for DVD playback although some are slightly better than others.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

No problem here with DVD playback on my AIW's using either ATI's MultimMedia Center player or WinDVD 8. Maybe PowerDVD isn't all it's cocked up to be
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
              Still crash powerdvd 7 despite the latest patch for 7 installed which is supposed to fix it.
              Hardware acceraltion also causes blurry images due to the way the noise filtering works. Another words these cat 6 drivers are poor for DVD playback although some are slightly better than others.
              From the readme

Using PowerDVD to playback a DVD may result in the playback appearing choppy. Further details can be found in topic number 737-23719

Comment

The bug seems to effect the X1950XT more than anything. If you enable Read It clear the computer will blue screen. If you enable hardware acceleration you get blurry images due to the noise filtering ATI implement.
                The Blurry image happens in both Power DVD & and Windvd 7. The ironic thing is that the Hardware acc is labeled ATI AVivo in Power DVd. Shame it doesn't work.
                DVD playback has been iffy throughout the 6 series although some releases are much better than others. I think the 6.8's were pretty good as long as you kept away from the Hardware Acceleration.
                The ATIO article refers to choppy playback. I don't get choppy playback either blurred due to hardware acc or blue screen of death.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X