Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just crazy - 1000hp Ford GTTT

Ford GT Twin Turbo
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

How many gallons per mile in this polluter?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

This isn't a daily commuter car, so is it really an issue???
      It still has all the emission controls in place, so it would definetly be less a polluter than any car in any form of motorsports.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Wow. I am impressed.
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Sweeetttt.....
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
            This isn't a daily commuter car, so is it really an issue???
            It still has all the emission controls in place, so it would definetly be less a polluter than any car in any form of motorsports.
            Does it? I thought they said they were running race gas. Isn't that leaded? That means no cad, right?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Racing fuels up to about a 109-110 octane are mostly unleaded. Above that they are generally leaded, but they are also taxed heavily.

Unleadeds work fine in engines up to about a 12.5:1 compression ratio. Higher than that and you're into the need for leaded fuels.

Then there are the classes that run on methanol or nitromethane & its blends....
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 November 2006, 12:34.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Right. I've never run racing fuel, but I thought that if it was dyed red, like they showed in the video, then it was leaded?
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                  Does it? I thought they said they were running race gas. Isn't that leaded? That means no cad, right?
                  AS Doc said, most fuels bought trackside are unleaded now,
                  and this is a 'supposed' street legal vehicle, which would mean passing emmisions tests.
                  The stock motor runs a relatively low compression ratio (8.4:1)and none of that has been altered.
                  The racing fuel just allows you to extra timing and boost without detonation.

Comment

With two turbos etc. on that kind of engine it's highly likely to be unleaded. The supercharged DOHC Ford Modular V8 in the Ford GT ran about 8.4:1 and only produced 550 bhp.

The extra BHP is purely for acceleration. The GT could already go over 200 mph.

Stock (supercharged) economy: 13 city & 21 highway.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 November 2006, 13:06.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'm curious how they obtained 1000 HP (since they didn't altered compression ratio...I'm curious)

Yep, can't watch the video...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                        Right. I've never run racing fuel, but I thought that if it was dyed red, like they showed in the video, then it was leaded?
                        It can basically be any colour:
                        http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                          I'm curious how they obtained 1000 HP (since they didn't altered compression ratio...I'm curious)

Yep, can't watch the video...
                          Two massive turbo's, each capable of producing over 600hp.

Comment

You need the lower compression ratio to have boost ( turbo ), the turbo then adds horsepower based on the fuel supply and air flow.
                            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

It actually will run fine on pump gas , but it only makes 832 HP

Comment

Working...
                              X