Why girls body image is distorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why girls body image is distorted

Dove put this out as a public service announcement.

No wonder girls are so screwed in their body images
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

That short film is excellent!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Oddly enough this has been posted before. Twice. I started a thread about it a short while back and then deleted it after being "gently" prodded about posting duplicates

But yes, very cool short and props to Dove for actually making it.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Don't think it's just girls.. every time you see one of those super ripped mesomorph guys advertising for bowflex or whatever, they give guys the impression that they can easily look like this. Um.. Wrong. Genetics combined with working out every day and eating no fat or carbs for years made them look that good.. and that's if they are clean.

Comment

But it is far less important for guys than for girls to look like the plastic models in the media. If a girl gets wrinkles, she's getting ugly. If I get wrinkles, I'm getting character.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

It's not about wrinkles. Whether male or female, if you're fat you're more likely to be alone. If you're getting old, you're still getting old. Don't kid yourself.

Comment

I don't. I'm just saying it's even worse for girls. And I'm not exempt from this vicious circle either: I find myself ugly (and I'm overweight), but I have very high standards on a girl's looks (and everything else). I am alone, but I'm not wondering why.
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Females are affected more; just look at the anorexia rate. It also starts early, Last year Erik told us that two of his 2nd grade classmates were 'dieting' by throwing out their packed lunches & 'barfing', and neither of those girls were at all overweight.

Sadder than sad....and we did inform the teacher & principal, who did an intervention with their parents.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My first girlfriend was/is anorexic. It's something they seem to struggle with all their life, but in second grade? Wow. It sure does start young.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

If you've ever gone shopping with your significant other or daughter for jeans, you can easily see why it starts early and continues on as they grow older. Well at least with how they size and market them here in the US.
                    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                    X