Motherboards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboards.

Anyone know where I can get a good motherboard online(reputable store) for around $50 US. I'm looking for an AT 100Mhz motherboard that supports atleast a K6. I don't need AGP.

Thanks,
    Thien

For $50 your not going to get much. I would sugget shelling out a little bit more and grabbing an ASUS board at least (about $90). Go to www.paragoncomp.com, I have done business with them before and they have goos prices.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Actually, I have one for you. FIC VA-503+. I have an extra one. US$50. I paid $90 for it, but this gives me a chance to recoup some of the cost, if you're interested. It's brand new. I have an extra due to a mistake by the company I ordered mine from, and they refused to take back the extra one, although they were happy to charge me for it.

AT, 100Mhz FSB, and one un-asked-for AGP slot

Wombat

------------------
      503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM)

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Damn good mb Tn. I'd get it if I where you.

Makes me wonder if we should not start up something similar to what AGN has done. A way for the visitors to sell/trade hardware and software.

Laterz all

------------------
        Flangor StrongAxe
        flangor@matroxusers.com
        Who will win the vid card wars? Matrox, nVidia or 3dfx?

Comment

Wombat could you give me the specs on the board or could you send me to the website for it?
          No offense, but how do I know you are legit? A lot of people on the web and you can never be too sure.
          Will this be in US dollars? A lot of people on the web and you can never be too sure where they are from.

Thanks,
          Thien

Comment

tn, check out www.compgeeks.com

they sell close outs and over stock items.
            i have ordered 3 diffrent times from them and never had a problem with any thing i bought from them. one thing they have difrent things from week to week. for main boards lately ive seen eprox and soyo as well as older fic boards. thire prices have to be seen to beleave. i picked up two new ch throttles for 15.00 each us. when they sell for 46.00 each at buycomp.com or higher elsewhere. i do recomend that you check out the home pages of the manufactures products you are interested in. (as for returns, i did once have to return a net card to them becuase i thought if was not working. (no problem they gave me a rma and sent me a new one. oh ya the problem was mine the new card did the same thing (refused too work, turned out the plug and play on the main board was messed up when i put the nic in a difrent system it worked fine.))

------------------
            i spend way too much time and money on my 3 systems.

Comment

Tn,
              The FIC web sites are www.fic.com.tw, or www.fica.com (usually a few days behind on info). I don't know what spec's you want, but should find them there. Otherwise, I probably know off the top of my head.

As far as my legitimacy is concerned, I am a long-time poster to these forums, and I feel fairly respected here. It would not be to my advantage to lose my integrity for a $50 rip-off.

Actually, I might even be willing to mail you the board prior to payment. After all, it's not doing anybody any good sitting in the packing in my closet.

Just get in touch with me, e-mail or whatnot. We can go from there.

-Wombat

------------------
              503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM)

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
              X