Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I won this LCD TV on ebay...now I need something else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I won this LCD TV on ebay...now I need something else.

Won this at the weekend (LG 19" LCD TV)

Then couldn't pay. [Edit: he couldn't accept payment]. Today I check up again and find the seller is no longer registered with ebay. Close escape perhaps.

So I got to thinking. We need an extra display for a comp for my wife (now she is teaching IT p/t) and another TV now the kids are getting older - hence the above unit will do both jobs.

But, it would be a lot cheaper to get a 19" (possibly WS) LCD and a Freeview (DVB-T) box to plug in. Perhaps not as neat, but it would be digi rather than analogue TV.

So, any recommendations for display (with appropriate inputs) and tuner box, that won't break the bank?

TIA
    Last edited by Fat Tone; 8 November 2006, 05:10.
    FT.

Just realised the above read wrong. The payment problem was with the seller not being able to accept payments through his paypal account, not my ability to pay!
    FT.

Comment

check the dell deals re tft monitors and get tv boxen to match?
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Nice idea but we don't seem to get the cracking deals on Dells that others do. A simillar LCD to the one above costs about the same without a tuner.
        FT.

Comment

Dell have a 37inch LCD for £700 now!
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

LCD prices have certainly plummeted lately!

I wonder if I'll ever be able to shift my 21" CRTs?
            FT.

Comment

If I hadn't just purchased a car i'd be in the market to buy one
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

What did you get?
                FT.

Comment

Working...
                X