Cooling the computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling the computer

I've taken some steps to cool off my computer by putting a 8cm fan on the front and reversing the power fan. It's sucking air now instead of blowing it inside the case.

I also have a place for a 4cm fan on the back of the case just a little bit down from the power. I'm putting a fan there that will suck the cool air in, so I need additional fans blowing out.
    I have my eyes on Titan HDD Cooler that has 2x4cm fans. It's meant for 5 1/4 slot and you can put 3 1/2 HDD in it.

I'm under impression that those fans suck air inside, but I want them to blow it out. Do you know if the design of that cooler will allow me to reverse them to get the desired air flow?

B

------------------
    Excel 7.0, Winamp 2.23, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, QuickTime 4

Hi Buuri,

Usually you would want the power fan and case fan at the top and back of the system to pull the hot air out of the case. Remember heat rises. So you would want to suck cool air in at the bottom. Anyway here is a link to a site on cooling. If you scroll down he has several articles on case cooling listed along the lower right side of the screen.
    2cooltek.com/index.html

Paul

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hi Paul,
      Is that your tower that I saw hardocp?
      sure looks like your setup have a look: www.hardocp.com
      Matt

Comment

Hi Guys,
        Nope, that's not my system over at HardOCP.
        I just took a few updated pictures for ya.
        This shows my homemade version of the Card Cooler for the video cards. I had to make mine longer for the Obsidian2 X-24 card which is almost 11 inches long.

This one shows my latest addition which is the VEK-12 PII cooler. With two 60mm fans it works great.

This shows the car stereo speaker grill which covers the hole I needed to cut in the side to make room and for airflow for the two 80mm fans for the graphics card cooler. I have since lined the inside of the speaker grill with very thin foam air conditioner filter to keep the dust and dog hair out.

As I post this, the internal case temp is 29.2 deg C or 84.7 deg F. Room temp is 25.3 deg C or 77.5 deg F. My system has been on for 4 hours and I have been playing Q2 online for about 1 hour before the temp reading. My case temp usually runs about 6-8 degrees F above room temp.

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
        X