New car! (Going Green)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car! (Going Green)

Well, after 15 years we broke down and bought a new car.

(AZ thinks it's boring )

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid.
    So far, I like it. But we've only had it three days.

It has an instantaneous MPG gauge that is mesmerizing, I can't take my eyes off the damned thing.

The paint is Charcoal, not green.

Odd dash. The picture doesn't show it, but it is extremely deep. The speedo is about a foot farther than the tach.

Front:

Electric motor goes ...
    The big orange wires are the ones that carry juice to and from the 20HP booster motor/generator:
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Sweet!

I wouldn't mind having a hybrid myself. Congrats!

And speaking of new cars, I got myself a new car too! A greener car than my Taurus. My dad bought himself a brand new Mitsubishi Lancer and sold me his Saturn LS 2000 for dirt cheap. Runs great, looks great and most of all it has NO problems what-so-ever! (finally a car that has NO problems, yay!)

This is exactly what mine looks like, spoiler and all, except I have hub caps which don't look as shiny, but it's the same color and all.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

When we got it it had 8 miles on it.
      It now has 140 and is showing 38mpg average on the odo, all city driving.
      So, not bad so far.

With the continuously variable transmission the tiny engine spends an amazing amount of time below 1,000 rpm.

Zokes, if I were you I would never have tempted fate by saying that about your new car not having any problems.
      Last edited by cjolley; 7 November 2006, 13:33.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Actually, it did have one problem when I got it. The gas pressure valve for the gas tank thingy was defective, but my dad had bought the part and it only needed to be installed which I did in 45 minutes. ANd the body isn't perfect either, the paint is chipping a bit on the hood. But your right, I shouldn't tempt fate like that. *knock on wood*
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Very nice! Congrats

Comment

I still think it's not the greatest head-turner of all time, but I take back the statement that it's ugly (still, the european version is nicer then again, I don't have ANY car, and won't be able to afford one for the next three years at least). I kinda like the dashboard though
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
            X