Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer upgrade

I got my hands on a used Duo 2 Core 6300 really cheap

And I've ordered an Asus P5B wifi/AP (I'll be ripping the wifi crapp out...), I really wanted the one without wifi, but since it wasnt in stock.....

If the Cpu is alive and well, I'll order some "to damn expensive" ddr2's and an "Even more expensive Pci-e gfx card" to go with it
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Oh yesssssss!! I'ts ALIVE BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Tommorow I'm going to see if I can push it to 2.5ghz on the intel standard cooler

Now I just have to order vidcard and memory, and reinstall w2k (I don't think I can just swap out the mobo, since the old cpu is single core and this is dual core )

Do anyone know?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Win2K..? Will that be able to take the C2D to its full potential ?

Seriously, is there any performance disadvantage to using Win2K over XP ?
      I'm pretty sure gaming is better/faster on XP

I'm not sure if you can do the 'Full' Repair like you can with xp, where it redetects all the peripherals and reinstalls the drivers...
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
        I don't think I can just swap out the mobo, since the old cpu is single core and this is dual core
        To turn a non SMP Win2k installation into a SMP one......

When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666
          Win2K..? Will that be able to take the C2D to its full potential ?

Seriously, is there any performance disadvantage to using Win2K over XP ?
          I'm pretty sure gaming is better/faster on XP

I'm not sure if you can do the 'Full' Repair like you can with xp, where it redetects all the peripherals and reinstalls the drivers...
          Unless w2k flat out wont work, I'm sticking with it.

paying $100 to get a new os you have to spend half an hour on just to make it stop behauving like a moron, is not fun.....

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
            To turn a non SMP Win2k installation into a SMP one......

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/234558
            Thanks Taz

Tho I think I need to reinstall anyway (something nasty has atached itself to my nic drivers, If I try to change anything in the nic config page it causes instant bsod )

Comment

clean installs best with major hHW changes anyway, may as well go for it.
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

okay, with the standard intel HS and the crappy 4300 cl4 memory it does 300mhz fsb without any volt adjustments, 2100 is going to have to be enough for me untill I get the Zalman 9500 cooler, new faster 800mhz memory etc etc, also stuck with a NV 7600gt for the meanwhile...

Comment

I put a Zalman VF-700-AlCu on the 7600gt but I couldent get much out of it

Well.....With the zalman it is silent

Comment

Reached the goal of 2400mhz!!

Borrowed some corsair E.S.P memory from my coworker, raised vcore to 1.4 and I could raise the fsb to 342

Now I'm hoping that my Zalman 9500AT and the Ati radeon X1900XT 512mb shows up tommorow

Comment

Working...
                    X