Would *you* do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would *you* do it?

The $30 million all-glass Skywalk will hover 3,800 feet above the Colorado River over a rim of the Grand Canyon, allowing tourists to stroll on an 80-yard walk around a semicircular platform jutting beyond the canyon rim, surrounded by Plexiglas that will provide a spectacular view of the canyon floor directly below. The Skywalk is projected to open by the end of 2006, the attraction being part of a new Grand Canyon West resort on the Hualapai reservation at the western edge of the park, about 120 miles from Las Vegas.

http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/home.html

edit: changed the pic ... first one wasn't displaying
    Last edited by Rakido; 6 November 2006, 04:39.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

there's been a couple of shows on Discovery channel about this. also i believe DrM might have posted this a way while back.

i wouldn't do it. i'd prolly piss my pants and start crying like a little girl.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

That'd scare the sh!t out of me, but I'd do it.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I'd not be scared at all but I would not do it.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Under no circumstances.. well almost none. I have too much respect for potential energy.

Comment

Sure I'd do it. Just depends on the price. How much will they be offering to pay me?
            FT.

Comment

It reminds me of the CN Tower in Toronto.
              Part of the floor is made out of glass, how do they call it, the “AIR WALK” or something?
              Funny thing, I’m not afraid of heights & I knew it’s not going to break; still my legs got funny “soft” when I stepped on it… .

The next hour or so we were having a fine Canadian beer at the bar & were watching people’s reaction when they accidentally wondered right in the middle of the glass floor just to realize what they were standing on… .

As far as this Skywalk, I’m not sure how would it “feel” just walking on it… .

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

I think I'd give it a go. I do have a mild fear of heights and that's specifically why I'd walk on this.
                Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Can you see ladies undergarments if you hang under-neath it?
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I'd definitely do it!

Comment

Front of the line with a BASE rig under my jacket
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Wouldn't bother me. Too many years hanging off the side of highrises when I was a concrete pump operator.

And Becky walked the path to the bottom of the canyon and back in high-heels.
                        Last edited by cjolley; 6 November 2006, 13:37.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I would do it. That looks like a blast.
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

If I was just out there with a handful of people I'd do it. What scares me about things like this are kids running around and too many people.
                            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I've stood near the edge of an open loading ramp on a C-130 at 3000ft so to me that slywalk sounds pretty boring. But I would do it.
                              Titanium is the new bling!
                              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                              X