This SOB so needs to D-I-E.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This SOB so needs to D-I-E.....

A man suspected of starting a wildfire last week in Southern California that killed five firefighters could face the death penalty, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Suspect in California wildfire could face death penalty

Thursday, November 2, 2006 | 4:13 PM ET
    CBC News

A man suspected of starting a wildfire last week in Southern California that killed five firefighters could face the death penalty, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Authorities filed arson and murder charges Thursday against Raymond Lee Oyler, 36, who is already under arrest on suspicion of setting two other wildfires over the summer.

Four U.S. Forest Service firefighters died shortly after the blaze began Thursday when flames overran them as they tried to protect homes in the area. A fifth firefighter died Tuesday evening.
    >
    "It is important to note that the charges we are filing today include the possibility of life in prison without the possibility of parole … as well as death," Riverside County district attorney-elect Rod Pacheco said Thursday in a news conference.

Prosecutors would decide whether to seek the death penalty after a "careful and sober review" of the evidence and the suspect's background, he added.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Well, according to the subject title, you have found him guilty without trial and without evidence in front of you except a media report. Is this your idea of justice? It's not mine.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

1. he and his house mate were seen running from the ignition scene shortly before the fire was discovered, and the scene is <1/4 mile from their home. Interesting is that the house mate hasn't been charged, which indicates he flipped on his partner.

2. he has a prior conviction for arson and is charged in two arsons earlier this year.

3. he's a former volunteer firefighter. Sad but true; firefighters are among the most likely groups to commit arson. Why? Like pedophiles drawn to teaching/coaching etc. firebugs are drawn to what they obsess over.

Yes. He needs a trial, after which the jury will probably take 15 minutes to deliberate before conviction.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 November 2006, 08:33.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X