I have a spending disorder.... ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a spending disorder.... ;)

Ever since i can remember, i have always felt very uneasy about buying something in a shop, even trivial.
    I have a fear of not having the right amount of cash, card refusal, and generally not being able to pay.
    I used (still do) to make sure i had three times the cash needed, and i have three debit cards (no credit card stuff, i'm crap with money).

One exception, i have found, is online ordering:
    There are no people to look funny at you, there is no stress if the payment fails. I just check to see if i wasn't debited anyway, or if my account details had been stuffed to google...
    Needless to say, my online ordering skyrocketed, as has my number of PC's at home...
    Its just so easy, and hassle-free, and for me, very un-shamefull in case of a payment problem...

I have no idea where this came from, but I do only just remember at a car boot sale when i was in playschool, who told me the price of the piggy bank was "thruppence" and i had no clue of what she was talking about and just went back to my mother, who explained it was "Three-pence".

The only time this feeling left me was when i was at uni, and everyone was penniless
    It didn't bother me then to deliberately go over my already maxed out card limit and overdraft in the local off-licence for booze and cashback...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

If we are talking unusual disorders, I had a student a few weeks ago with a phobia of people seeing her being photographed. I had to clear the room out and get it done quick. She had worked herself up in to quite a state watching the others being photographed.
    FT.

Comment

If I get depressed I spend normally sometimes I go the other way and save and save.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Me, I have an overwhelming fear of talking to people in new types of situations. It's part of the reason I have a lot of trouble selling anyone anything.

Comment

I just ordered a LG dvd burner because I was bored and it was cheap. Ultimately I think it will be a good purchase, but I find with online ordering there is less time to think about your purchase, because you can do it so quickly, without the lengthy trip to the store.

(BTW, after shipping/tax, etc, just under $50 CAD)
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
          X