• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer

Ordered this from Newegg Friday:

Core2 Duo E6400
    Asus P5W Deluxe
    2GB Corsair Memory
    2x Sapphire ATI x1950Pro 256MB Video cards (something to hold me over till DX10 cards come out)
    Koolance Exos LT with Koolance Waterblock for CPU

I have an 550W PS that I'm hoping will be able to run this beast, it should, since its SLI qualified. I ust need to get over to CompUSA or Radio Shack to get some Arctic Silver 5 to have when it comes in.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Sweet almost the same as the dell i got, but i only have 1gb memory, and a lesser psu and graphics. I'm doign the seti at the moment. hell of a lot more snappy than a xp 1700

Comment

Read the latest computer hardware news, analysis and opinions on Tom's Hardware and get a glimpse into the future of cutting edge tech. | Tom's Hardware

You may very well be able to get to 3.33GHz with that beast!!

Overclocking Results: 417 MHz FSB
      Using the stock cooler, we were able to reach 3.1 GHz at 387 MHz FSB and 1.45 V using the Intel stock cooler, where increasing the voltage only made the CPU overheat sooner. Adding the CNPS9700 LED brought down those temperatures phenomenally, but only got us to 3.15 GHz at 394 MHz FSB and 1.48 V before things once again got too hot. The big gun Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II liquid cooler brought far greater success:3.33 GHz at 417 MHz FSB and 1.52 V!
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I'm looking forward to this build, my last system setup was a total nightmare, went through 3 motherboards and a power supply. Got really fed up with it and didn't really want to do much with it. First desktop Intel system since my Celeron 300A system LOL.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
        X