Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diffing SBLive Value?

Hi all,

I'd like to "upgrade" my SBLive Value to Digital. Creative says, there is no way to use the digi addon on the Value. They say there might be an addon later. So they have not crippled the Value too far ;-)
    On the PCB I find a connector that says SP/Dif0, 1, 2 and 3 out, etc. What is that, 4bit parallel? ;-) Anyone knows, what comes out here, how to enable it? Could anyone please tell me what the SMD's on the digimodule are?

Hoping,
    Hellmut

Good news, there is an add on card available for the SB Live! Value now. It is an Optical Digital I/O card w/ 2 SDIF (IN/OUT), 2 Optical (TOSLINK, IN/OUT) and a digital DIN for midi. You will not be able to do all of the fancy features that us full version Live users can do, but you can still do quite a bit. The URL is,

http://www.soundblaster.com/sound/i-o-card/

and the cost is $54 US +shipping ($5-$20). I have ordered one already for a small time music producer and it works great.

Jammrock

------------------
    Celeron 450 (6 x 75) w/ Step Thermodynamics YUKON cooler, 256 MB PC133 SDRAM, 18 GB WD Expert (7300 RPM), CL Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (soon will have) G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! (full retail), Cambridge Sound works Desktop Theater 5.1.

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 06-22-99).]
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hi Jammrock,

what a ripoff! Creative had to build a crippled addon because they don't want you to upgrade the Value to Live functionality. On the other hand they cannot take the pricediffrerence between Value and Live for that joke of a PCB... Seems to be the typical Creative tactic like when they decided to replace SIMMs on the AWE with proprietary highprice modules.
      I've found some very interesting stuff on www.hoontech.com, this company really knows what I need. Just look and smile!

Bye,
      Hellmut

Comment

Working...
      X