Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!

I always enjoy that little birthday greeting from MURC.

Oh. And Im sorry for my recent disapperance.

Ive been rebuilding an old house AND starting a new job. Ive just finished the house, and Ive kept the job.

~~DukeP~~

LOL Starting your own birthday thread, eh? Well Zokes woulda gotten around to it eventually..

Happy Birthday

Comment

Grattis på Födelsedagen DukeP
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
        LOL Starting your own birthday thread, eh? Well Zokes woulda gotten around to it eventually..

Happy Birthday
        Heh. Well, that too.

But I was refering to the automated message that MURC.ws sends out.

Thanks.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Happy Duke's Day
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Bonne fête DukeP!

Originally posted by KvHagedorn

Happy Birthday
            Actually I've stopped, I wanted to give the others a chance to announce them. But it seems like I'm the only one.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Happy B-day!
              Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Happy Birthday!!

Beers on Zokes.
                "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Tillykke med foedselsdagen

where are the pictures of the renovations?
                  We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Tjalfe
                    Tillykke med foedselsdagen

where are the pictures of the renovations?

Well. I lost my webspace on my old university adress.
                    I cant say I blame them: It was space connected with a course i took - in 1996!! So ten years of free webhosting is over.

Do any of you know of a good place to host files?

I need approx 50 mb of lowtraffic space for as little as possible. Uptime isnt really that important, its only for family pictures etc.

As soon as I get someplace to spawn them, Ive got a bunch.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Do any of you know of a good place to host files?
                      You should check the sticky in the digital image forum.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                        You should check the sticky in the digital image forum.
                        Thanks!

But due to the amount of files, I really need a solution with FTP access.

But Ill throw a few select pictures that way.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

So heres a few pictures.

The house is built somewhere around 1640-1680 with some of the rear house built as late as 1850. First legal paper describing the house is from 1685 (there lived a carpenter at the time).

First picture is the cityfront of the house. This type of house is called a "city farmhouse" - with access to the inner yard through a gate, and entrance into the houses only from the yard.

The house is red, which is more or less the colour it has had for the last 300 years (it might have started out yellow).

Front of house

Next picture is from the yard, taken just inside from the from the gate. The front building stretches to the right, and is not visible on this picture. The rear buildings have a ground measurement of around 100 squaremeters (give or take) with 3 floors. The fronthouse is around 80 squaremeters ground with 2 floors.

Buildings at the back of the yard.

Next picture is from the excavation of the front house: We removed the floor and dug about 2 feet down, to install new pipes for water, heat and renovations, as well as electricity. We then isolated with 1½ feet of insulation added floorheating(water) and concrete.

There where some rocks...

Last picture is a night shot. THe living room is nearly finished, the floor is wood (7" wide, 1½inch deep solid planks), the walls are insulated and electricity and builtin networking have more or less been completed.

Nearly finished.

Ill post some more pictures, when we have the fireplace installed.

~~DukeP~~
                          Last edited by DukeP; 26 October 2006, 12:44.

Comment

Awesome!
                            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Pretty cool.. but your second link doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X