Highlands of Saariselkä.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlands of Saariselkä.

Another panoramic shot I released at Aukea.net, which I forgot post here.
    Saariselkä is the great water divider of northern finnish lappland. it divides river flows between eastern artic sea and northern baltic sea.

Saariselkä is also known as one of the most northmost ski center in europe. It's downhill facilities cannot compete exactly with bigger places like LEVI (which is hosting women World Championships Alpine Skiing event in mid novemember.) and RUKA, which are located lower parts of lappland, But for nordic/cross country skiing, it provides excelent routes and possibilities. As I am not that much in downhill, the picture is taken from the slope where no lift can take you... Enjoy.

(single picture.)

Unfortunately, the links on comments bigger version don't work anymore, but I can look, if I can find another location to put bigger version available.
    "Dippadai"

Beautiful!
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

mhm.. schnee... nice one

if I wouldn't be worried about freezing to death 'cause of lacking experience I'd seriously start thinking about a winter tour in northern sweden.

mfg
      wulfman
      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
      "Lobsters?"
      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Thanks guys...
        I actually just released yet another online exhibition at Aukea.Net. (you can release once a month and I wasn't planning to release this night new stuff, but then I took my gear and went out and whadda ya know... found few interesting targets... )

newest exhibition is called "City of Kotka During Night Time." and it has 2 photos, both taken about 3 or 4 hours ago: http://aukea.net/mp/db/Teos/yksi/?K=3351541&NRO=1 (links to the first image, click the image to see next one.)

- first image is called "Lights of Sapokka" (Sapokka is free time harbour and botanical garden area in Kotka.)
        - second image is called "Paths of Central Street" and is taken from walkboard that goes inbetween Oak trees close by the "Keskuskatu" or in english, Central Street...
        "Dippadai"

Comment

Great pictures!

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Very nice!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

great picture. I WANT SNOW HERE
                www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                  great picture. I WANT SNOW HERE

Very soon, very soon, just wait for the climate to change some more... .

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Gorgeous.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Incredible
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yes, very nice.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                        X