Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to export mail from Netscape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to export mail from Netscape?

I'm getting ready to format my hard drive and I'm just going through everything that I want to save, but there does not seem to be a way to export mail form Netscape.

Thanks,

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Hi Dave,

why do you want to export them ?

After reinstallation, you simply choose that particular folder (which can of course be backupped before) as your mail folder ...

If you plan changing the mail prog, there should be an option to import the old mail from the old folder. (outlook has and did it very well)

If you need your addressbook, goto netscape messenger center and export as ldif-file, importing into Outlook works good.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Not too slow running Asus, Intel & Matrox based system ...
    Actually boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead 8-)

Comment

Maggi,

Thanks for the info. I just saved my "mail" folder, so hopefully that will do it. As far as my address book, already figured that one out. I appreciate the help Now I just have to figure out if I'm forgetting anything. Mail, address book, bookmarks, quicken, etc...hmmm?

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

You could also copy your fonts folder if you have any none standard fonts installed. I also copy my cookies folder for those sites that have a Username/password. Then there is the themes folder.

Can't think of anything else

Comment

I actually backed up the entire user Profile folder so I could keep my emails, usenet group settings, cookies and bookmarks. Gotta clear out that cache first tho' or else you'll have to deal with a lot of garbage that isn't worth keeping. Just moved my entire setup from an old P200mmx to my new Celeron 450 this way without a hitch.

[This message has been edited by NotEd (edited 06-16-99).]
          If you had a infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters one of them would eventually become head of Tech Support.

Abit BE6-II v1.1
          Intel Celeron 566@850
          Matrox G400 OEM 32MB DH
          Sound Blaster Live Value
          Maxtor 5.7 GB IDE Ultra33 System Drive
          Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-ROM
          Promise Ultra 66 with-
          Maxtor 30 GB Ultra66 Video drive
          Yamaha CDRW6416
          Adaptec 2940 U2W
          Windows 2000 SP2
          Generic LS-120 drive, Teac 3.5" Floppy

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions. NotEd, I did exactly as you said and that was it

thanks,

Dave

p.s. the only thing I forgot to move over was my resume I knew I'd forget something.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X