One better on discount drugs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One better on discount drugs....

Remember the deal where Walmart and other stores started charging $4 for 300 types of prescription? Well, the midwests Meijers chain is getting into the act in a limited way; they're filling 'scripts for several antibiotics for free;

amoxicillin, cephalexin, SMZ-TMP, ciprofloxacin, penicillin-VK, ampicillin and erythromycin.

Dunno where this'll end, but whatta deal
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I think this is awesome. My only worry is more scripts being filled out willy nilly and antibiotics being used when they shouldn't and stronger stains of illnesses coming out of the midwest.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

A physician still has to prescribe the meds, so willy-nilly isn't any more or less likely.

Knowing the Meijers family charity works this program's likely to expand.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I suppose your right but I look at the problems they have in Japan with anti-biotics and I worry. Still I am still all for this being tried.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
          A physician still has to prescribe the meds, so willy-nilly isn't any more or less likely.
          Not if you've watched the news and the responces so many doctors gave for why they DID in fact over prescribe antibiotics. It basically boils down to, 'The Mother nagged me to death til I did, so after a while it became second nature'. Ask my friend Maria, she has AIDS, tho not HIV because the military doctors crammed antibiotics down her throat her whole life (Army Brat) and her only way out was to join up shortly after turning 19 because she couldn't get medical insurance any other way.

Knowing the Meijers family charity works this program's likely to expand.
          And I hope this does happen, I'm another fan of Meijers. Where did the Super Walmarts of the world come from? Why they copied Meijers. Nearly killed Meijers too (Errrr), thank heavens for Kroger taking the reigns and beating Wally World back down.

I have many reasons for disliking Walmart and company. They were ok when Sam was alive, but what his kiddies did after he passed is plain rotten to the core.
          The biggest is how they kill off most competition once they move in creating a local monopoly, then once they've susceeded jack their prices back up. Exactly like McD's back in the day, killed off all the great mom and pop burger joints, then jacked their prices up. The other main reason is due to their fiscal influance competitors must find nearly identical products to compete with their juggernaut and then you have virtually every store around town offering the same blasted products, there is little choice and little diversity in products offered. The only way around this is to be in a MAJOR Metropoliton area where isn't a Walmart around every corner or order what you want off the internet. If your out those two options Ye be screwed.

Personally I like different, cuz I don't want what the Smiths' and Jones' of the world have.
          Last edited by Greebe; 23 October 2006, 23:22.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X