Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image slideshow app that I can bundle with a data DVD of pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image slideshow app that I can bundle with a data DVD of pics?

A customer has several GB of images (they own the copyright) that they want me to compile onto a data DVD for distribution to some of their customers.

I told them I'd take a look to see if I could find a slideshow util that I could bundle with the discs and configure with an autorun file to start playing automatically.

Trouble is all the slideshow apps I've found require pre-installation or java, which is a deal breaker. I don't want to have to install anything on their PCs.

By all means my customer is willing to pay for this so it doesn't have to be freeware, etc.

Anybody got any advice?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

XnView will.
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 20 October 2006, 18:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
      XnView will.
      Wow, pretty cool for a free app but it looks like it requires installation. Am I wrong?

I don't want to have to install anything. I want an app that will run off the disc.

I found this: http://www.lpj-software.com/

I'm going to test it tonight. Hopefully it does the trick.

Comment

It does have to be on your computer to MAKE the DVD, but that's it.

Comment

Ok, I'll give it another look then. Thanks!

Comment

Hey, so I ended up using XnView!

It works really well.

The slideshow disc maker seems like it's only for CD-Rs but I recorded a small one. Then used the file structure it created as a basis for my DVD-R, which I ultimately burned via Nero. I had to update the config file but that was very easy. Doing it this way also gave me the opportunity to use a custom .ico file for the autorun.inf.

Thanks very much JPI!

...Now I just gotta burn and print 225 discs. I'm using Nero to burn two at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X