SB Live! question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB Live! question

Are you playing the movies in Dolby Digital or surround sound? Or just plain old stereo? It makes a difference. Depending on what DVD decode system you use, will determine what you can do. PLease tell.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I have been using Dolby digital where I can, surround sound on the few title that don't have Dolby. Never just plain stereo.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

If you are using Dolby Digital or Dolby Surround then you are SOL. Unless you add a second tuner to the TV and splice the cable to the second tuner. The only other way I can think of is if you can talk the maker of you DVD software to make a reverse stereo option. Unless you can rig the LiveWare! 2 software to do it for you. Which may be possible since you can make those cool new Super Eviromental Audio set up thinggies. Confused yet?

Jammrock

PS - Are you using software or hardware decompression?
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Oh well....guess it's time to go to radio shack and get a switchbox for all my cables...

I'm using both hardware and software decompression. Check the sig again

------------------
        P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

SB Live! question

Hi guyz-

Anyone know if it is possible (via software) to swap front/rear and left/right channels on the Live! ?

The way my work area is set up, my TV is on the other end of the room, directly behind me. When I watch DVDs on the TV, I'd like to get the speakers arranged properly...basicaly reverse of what it is when I'm at the PC....

Thx for any suggestions (other than continually switching cables around )

------------------
          P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Comment

Working...
          X