Ulead PhotoImpact 12 To Host Forthcoming 16:9 DVD Menu Plug-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead PhotoImpact 12 To Host Forthcoming 16:9 DVD Menu Plug-In

Ulead's "What's New" PDF about PhotoImpact 12 confirms it.

I don't know why I missed this earlier.

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Make custom DVD menus for use in Ulead DVD MovieFactory® 5 and Ulead® VideoStudio® 10. Create various different styles, including Thumbnail, Text and One-Scene menus. Even create high-definition menus! DVD Menu Maker gives you complete control over all of the menu elements.
    The current "DVD Menu Plug-in" for Ulead PhotoImpact 11 does not support 16:9 menus, although you can still create the 16:9 menus using the FILE > New > New DVD Menu command, but you have to know what you're doing if you plan to use this method.

Also, I've noted that Ulead PhotoImpact 11 features .SVG -- vector -- export.

But Ulead PhotoImpact 11 does not allow for vector-based .WMF export.

Only bitmap-based .WMF export.

Consequently, you can't export drawings from PhotoImpact into CG Infinity.

This is dumb.

You could add an .SVG import filter into CG Infinity.

But think about it.

Even Serif's "DRAW" program allows me to export VECTOR-BASED .WMF files that open in Ulead CG Infinity.

Why would Ulead not listen to us on this point after years and years of asking?

It's really getting me steamed as I think about it because it's just so damned dumb.

Ulead, I don't mean to be rude.

But -- really -- this is really dumb when Serif programs and Corel programs give us the functionality that should exist in PhotoImpact.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

By the way, the 16:9-capable "DVD Menu Plug-In" for version 12 of PhotoImpact won't be available for download until "late 2006," according to the PDF.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
    X