G200 Milleinum Trouble with 3DFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 Milleinum Trouble with 3DFX

haveing trouble playing 3dfx games on my millenium g200,I have tried all nessary drivers but system hangs at present i have 410.01.4240 Display power desk 4.24.013 direct x 6.1can someone give step by step instruction as no matter what i try i am unable to get into any gameing 3dfx style or quake please any body help

I'm a bit confused about what you are trying to say. Do you HAVE a 3dFX card? G200 does not support glide, so if you have no Voodoo cards, and are trying to run a glide game, it ain't gonna happen.

For Quake2/3, HL or any of those, you need one of two things:
    1. Newer drivers (4.51) and the beta2 OGL ICD
    (both available at Matrox's site, ir MURC)

2. The D3D wrapper from either of those sites. The drivers you are running do not support OGL, but the wrapper can convert those OGL calls to D3D.

Both drivers/ICD/wrapper have step-by-step instructions with them.

Good luck
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

many thanks but is it 1 and 2
      or
      1 or 2

Comment

One or the other. Depends on the drivers you want to run.

If you want to keep the drivers you are using, just get the D3D wrapper.

OR

Upgrade to 4.51 AND get the ICD
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have the same problem The system just hangs for no reason, and it's ALWAYS when I'm running the 3Dfx games I have. It doesn't happen on all of them though, for example Aliens Versus Predator hangs, but Descent: Freespace and Half-Life don't, even when using the exact same graphic mode and resolution.
          I too have tied the same things the guy who posted this thread did, and it hasn't worked

Comment

well i may have sorted it out what i have done so far is removed all driver and put on
            4.024.013 installed ICD bete 1 then loaded all games again then updated all patches needed so far so good i have done this with the bus mastering off and it seems to work ok as they say bus mastering doe's not work with the Millenium g200 ???? the only game that cuts out is Unreal even with update patches ...any idears error with loop ??

Comment

The Bus Mastering for G200 works fine. If you need to disable it, something else is wrong. With BM disabled, you are crippling the card, loosing 30-40% of it's performance.

second issue- The beta ICDs will only work with drivers 4.5x or later. It will not give you any OGL with the drivers you are using.

Comment

well ..still have same problem ...games run fine with all latest drivers but when i enable bus master computer freezes right at the end of completly loading everything any more idea's or just stick with it not enabled have emailed matrox but still not heard anything as of yet Kruzin many thanks for your efforts in helping

Comment

Working...
                X