Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel good...

Jorden,

Pretty nice. And, uh, I need to overclock everything, so that's who needs it.

Me 'puter:

Celeron 450 (75MHz x 6.0), ASUS P2B-F BIOS 1.008, 256 MB PC133 SDRAM (2 x 128 MB modules, 7ns, CAS2, Lucky Goldstar Semicon), 18.0 GB Western Digital Expert (7200 RPM, 2 MB cache, UDMA 66), Creative Labs DVD Encore 6x DVD-ROM(w/ Dxr3 hardware decoder board), 24x Toshiba CD-ROM, Addtronics full tower ATX case with 5 fans, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, Kingston 40BNE network card, DSI 56k v.90 true modem, MAGInnovision DX715T flat screen CAD monitor (17", .25 dpi, 1600x1200 max res.) and (your going to love this) a Matrox Millennium II 4MB w/ 12 MB Voodoo2 3D accelerator

I'm going to upgrade the video to either a G400 MAX or TNT2 Ultra based card once the final versions of both are out. I would like to see the shipping products before I buy, but I am leaning toward the G400 MAX. I'll take my image quality over a few extra frames per second any day.

Jammrock

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I am little curious how many fps you get in quake2 with your new prosessor...I have a P2 400Mhz laying right beside me, but no motherboard....it is hard just to see it laying around ....feel sorry for me

Comment

Jammrock, thx for the slight compliments...

Erich.. Will try over the weekend. Have to reinstall Q2 first. And see if I still have the timedemo's swirling around on my old HDD.

It's cute in SimCity3000 though, and very fast in Carmageddon2 & Turok2. Fabulous in Unreal 2.24 !!
      Haven't tried TR3 or NFS3 yet. Or so many other games.

The demo of X-Wing Alliance almost made me cry... so damn beautifull and fast, even on my G200....

And those wondering: Yes, I bought this PIII because it got cheaper, and because I want to invest in a G400 MAX. Now if this CPU can't pull the G400MAX, nothing can !!

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

But you still don't have a SB Live , I'm gonna wait until september before upgrading my klamath. Then the price of the 500MHz version will drop to 300$. Why not overclock? Try 103MHz bus speed, just for fun.

Comment

Hey Jorden,
          you should take a look at PowerDVD 1.5, with SSE support, it runs like a dream, up to everything I have seen in hardware decoders.

check it here:
          <a href="http://dvd.imedia.com.pl/dvd/softdvd/powerdvd/index.html">PowerDVD</a>

Comment

I feel good...

Why?

see below !!

Jorden.

------------------
            PIII-450MHz (no O/C, for who needs to O/C it?), 128Mb PC100, Asus P2B Bios 1.008, SB 32PnP, 10.8GB UDMA/66 Seagate HDD, 4.5Gb UDMA WD HDD,
            Win98, Dx6.1, SD-MGA-G200 AGP Bios 3.51 (2.3), LS-120 internal, E-Tech PC56RVP (ISA) V.90 Cyber-Bullet; and alot of ISA & PCI slots left blank... anyone have some leftovers for me?
            liyama 17" Vision Master Pro400 @ 1280x1024, ICQ#9103941 (Auth. needed)

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
            X