Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP - SP2 install problem

This is driving me bonkers.

I had Win Xp installed with all the same hardware and everything was fine.

I did reinstall to a new hard drive and now it flat out refuses to recognize any NIC.

Won't detect even after supplying the drivers.

This is for onboard SIS or Add-on LinkSys, DFE, realtek......

When I do through add hardware wizard it says Code 10 - won't start.

I've tried sfc /scannow, repair & complete reinstall.

HELP!!!!!!!!! I'm going crazy.

Corrupted file on your XP CD?
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

i assume it loaded the correct chipset drivers ?

Comment

I'd be back looking at what it installed for the MB (as above
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I didn't have to install any drivers on the original install. It even managed a dynamic update at that time.
          Out of frustration and because it's less goofy, I tried a Win 2k install and I think the MB is toast.
          It's not recognizing any hardware plugged in to any PCI slot

A simple rebuild, started 2 weeks ago, has gone the way of Murphy's Law.

Thanks anyways for the suggestions.

Comment

...try loading defaults in your bios...save and exit

then boot windows

cc

Comment

Clear your cmos/bios via the jumper setting on your mobo, much better then restoring bios defaults.
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

It's no use. It won't recognize anything new except the onboard audio, usb and the whatever is in the agp slot.
                Funny........ I can hook up the old hard drive, with the original install, and everything works.

Comment

Probably not the issue, but... when I first got my current motherboard (an Asus K8N4-E Deluxe) it was having all sorts of wierd PCI problems. Turned out the BIOS locked the PCI bus to the wrong multiplier when not overclocking which ended up running at 100 MHz. Overclocking slightly fixed the problem, and eventually they put a proper fix in a newer BIOS.

Comment

I swapped motherboard with identical model and that one sees everything okay.

Comment

Could be that one was set to ACPI and the other wasn't?
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Both boards were tried with identical BIOS settings. (CMOS cleared)

If I disable ACPI on the 'bad' MB the computer won't boot.

Comment

Could have gotten bad MPS data into the NVRAM, I suppose. I bet it'd be salvageable, but if you can replace the board... *shrug*
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                          X