Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xmen 3 discussion WARNING SPOILERS!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmen 3 discussion WARNING SPOILERS!!!!!!

*******WARNING, this is for thsoe who watched the movie if you did not please DO NOT read on********************

I just watched it, and was dissapointed at the ending, what the heck happened?
    Last edited by Elie; 9 October 2006, 20:53.

I mean they killed off Jean Grey, the professor, Scott and a few other well known mutants.

I know that all those who lost their powers will regain them, as was hinted in the end of the movie when Magneto moved the metal king when playing chess.

BUT COME ON!!!!

Comment

yeah, i didn't like it much either.

there was a thread here discussing it before.

iirc, a few theories were bandied about.

try to find it. you might find something interesting.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Apparently, if you wait till the very end, after the credits pass and all, the professor is back in the body of a 'mindless person', the one he was speaking of in the teortical ethical debate.
        I didn't like the movie that much either.
        1. Music wasn't as good.
        2. We've lost characters and those introduced didn't have half the depth of those lost.
        3. Special effects were just that, they felt like special effects more than part of the movie.
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Not necessarily in. He could have been projecting into or controlling the body. Still disappointing the man had to kill the woman he loved. Waaah!!! With the Phoenix being one of the main threats, her mentality needed to be explored a little more. She was a means to a climax and not a good one and no not that kind.

Comment

Just watched it over the weekend. I think Xmen 3 was mildly entertaining, but that's about it. Whoever does the next Xmen movie should just forget this movie ever existed and do something new.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

If you already know Marvel, and the X-men, then the whole series is really disappointing and inacurate.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Actually; in the Marvel storyline Wolverine did kill Jean+Phoenix on a space station headed for the Sun. This was to save her from suffering, but it actually freed her 'Phoenix Conciousness' to return to Earth and be resurrected again.

She was later killed by a magnetic field induced stroke caused by Xorn, a renegade X-Man who was impersonating Magneto.

Later an injured Phoenix Conciousness found her dead, re-merged with her and together they left Earch to find the other remnants of the PC.
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 October 2006, 08:52.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I tend to agree with Zokes...

1-The phoenix is an entity that posses Jean Grey, not a second personality!!!

2-Cyclopes did not die, or I'm not aware of it

3-The professor does end up in a coma, but Lilandra takes Charles to care for him as her race are more advanced

4-Once the Phoenix entity is gone, Jean Grey is revived

5-The Juggernaut is not a mutant, his powers are magical so he shouldn't be effected by the kids mutant powers in the movie.

Comment

Argue with Marvel about Jeans history;

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Phoenix_%28Jean_Grey%29)

Do yourself a favor and kill the mosquito FIRST
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 October 2006, 09:00.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc, there is nothing in the link, it says no text.

I'm going by the animated series that I watched a while back which took us in a different direction however accurate that was.

Cheers,
                      Elie

Comment

Try the link again. I edited it and it should work (did for me).

At any rate here's Marvels text;

The younger daughter of history professor John Grey and his wife Elaine, Jean Grey was 10 years old when her mutant telepathic powers first manifested after experiencing the emotions of a dying friend. Her parents took her to be treated by Professor Charles Xavier, who erected psychic shields in Jean’s mind to prevent her from using her telepathic powers until she was mature enough to control them. Eventually, using her telekinetic powers, Jean was a founding member of Xavier’s team of mutant trainees the X-Men as Marvel Girl. She soon fell in love with fellow student Scott Summers, and later would develop a strong attraction towards one of the team’s new recruits, the feral Wolverine.

After Jean and the X-Men defeated scientist Stephen Lang and his robotic Sentinels on his space station, the heroes escaped back to Earth in a shuttle through a lethal solar radiation storm. Dying from radiation poisoning, Jean was saved by the cosmic entity known as the Phoenix Force who created a duplicate body complete with memories and personality, absorbed a portion of her consciousness and cast her into suspended animation in a strange cocoon at the bottom of Jamaica Bay.

For months the Phoenix believed itself to be the real Jean until mental manipulation by Mastermind caused it to go insane and become Dark Phoenix. Ultimately, the portion of Jean’s consciousness within Phoenix resurfaced, causing it to commit suicide. Eventually, Jean was rescued from her stasis and, with the other original X-Men, formed a new team, X-Factor.

Ultimately rejoining the X-Men, Jean and Scott eventually married, however Scott’s corruption by the eternal mutant Apocalypse greatly strained their relationship. Jean assumed the position of acting headmistress of the Xavier Institute and was revisited by the Phoenix Force. Following an attack on the X-Men by a mutant impersonating Magneto named Xorn (who had previously been a teacher at the institute), Jean and Wolverine were trapped on a space station that was hurtling into the sun. Seeing no hope for survival, and wanting to spare his teammate further suffering, Wolverine seemingly killed Jean, unleashing the Phoenix Consciousness within her and resurrecting her. Returning to Earth, Jean, with the power of the Phoenix, opposed the faux Magneto and was killed by a massive stroke induced by a lethal electromagnetic pulse.

Later, when a wounded Phoenix Force was seeking to heal itself, it sought out Jean and, finding her dead, resurrected her. Jean ultimately merged with the Phoenix Force and left to find its missing pieces.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The various incarnations of the X-Men part of the Marvel multiverse are already significantly different. Saying a character is supposed to be a certain way in this form of the franchise just shows that one is not sufficently able to detach from the fantasy world. Says he who is obsessed with Firefly/Serenity.
                          Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 10 October 2006, 10:10.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                            The various incarnations of the X-Men part of the Marvel multiverse are already significantly different. Saying a character is supposed to be a certain way in this form of the franchise just shows that one is not sufficently able to detach from the fantasy world. Says he who is obsessed with Firefly/Serenity.
                            I remain disappointed with the X-Men movies none the less.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

1 Okay.
                              2. Good.
                              3. Good in places.

BTW in case I have not stated it anywhere before, do not buy the collector's edition. The comic is the only extra and it is not worth the extra couple of dollars.

I've told friends that if they want it to buy the widescreen and we'll trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X