Season 3 Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 3 Battlestar Galactica

Has anyone seen the first two episoides?

is it just me or do the writers of that show have a political message?
    Last edited by lowlifecat; 28 October 2006, 13:51.
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

I have it DVR'rd...I need to watch it. Forgot that it started last Friday!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I haven't seen any episode, does that help any?

Comment

it's too early to tell, llc. gawd, i hope not.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

2 episodes ... only one BSG S3 ep is out. Do they show them earlier in Canuckland?

In any event, it's entirely possible. Writers are typically influenced by their environment, wether consciously or subconsciously. I'll have to watch this phanotm ep 2 before I can comment more.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

They showed the first two episodes back to back on the same night here.

Comment

Hey, don't forget to check out the 10 webisodes that the SciFi channel produced.

Each one is only a few minuts but they go a long way toward setting the scene.

The stream on the SciFi network wasn't working for me so I downloaded them via BT.

Comment

What I don't understand is if the Cylons really feel guilty about what they did and truly just want to help humanity rebuild then why not back off?

Why not apologise, and go back to that part of space where they were during the previous cease fire?

Comment

i think the cylons still need the humans for something. probably only a few cylons really understands this.

re: trailer for ep3 ... a character that they've ignored for a few eps does a come back.

i'm a little relieved the writers gave the 'backwards/forwards in time' thing a rest for a couple episoids.

anyone see the first two eps of s6 smallville?
                  Last edited by lowlifecat; 9 October 2006, 21:52.
                  /meow
                  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                  Asus Striker ][
                  8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                  Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Busy with Scrubs season 5 here.
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The writers of the show have long stated that they were infusing the show with issues that viewers would find familiar. So yes, you're going to notice what definitely seem like political, religious, and other messages while watching the show. I don't think they're pushing any particular one though, more that they are presenting current ones in a different manner than what we see in 'real life'.

Somehow I rather doubt the Cylons are sorry for anything they've done, at least not as a group. There are obviously some that are, even if the rest of their particular model aren't.

And yeah, been watching Smallville (gotta love DVRs).
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Watched both episodes and the webisodes looking forward to episode 3.
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Haven't caught the webisodes yet, but the "issues" they're presenting are definitely intended to remind us of our own limitations, etc.

They've created a weird universe where the only technology they have "up" on us is in the area of spaceflight. Their computing technology isn't that far off from our own, nor any of their other tech. This allows them to present a society VERY much like our own, with many of the same issues.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

I just seem to be getting repeats.

Fist two back to back shows ;last week were repeats so I stayed up lastnight to watch BS and they were repeats again. ??

:-(
                            Paul ... Peterborough ..Uk

....Ex- Perth ...WA .....

The ( EX) Forrestfield Flyer

Comment

Anybody see this past Friday's episode? It totally kicked ass! Had to be one of the best episodes on the series. Won't say anymore because of a major spoiler!
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                              X