IE7.0 to be pushed out tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE7.0 to be pushed out tomorrow

A friend of mine e-mailed me this today...

IE7 is being pushed out tomorrow as a 'critical' update. My computer engineer has told me NOT to install it. Here's a tool that you can use to block it called IE7 blocker, it's from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

It's up to you if you wish to download, I don't think I'm ready yet.

I've found it to be better in everyway than ie6, 7 gets my vote
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

It's some time this month not tomorrow.
      http://blog.washingtonpost.com/secur..._internet.html

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
        I've found it to be better in everyway than ie6, 7 gets my vote
        Not on slower systems, it's a pig!

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
          It's up to you if you wish to download

If they're pushing it out as a critical update then that's not exactly true
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
            What MS deems critical and what the rest of the world deems critical are typically very different. WGA is considered a critical update according to MS, but I don't know of anyone else that thinks it is.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm staying with Firefox. I have about zero faith in MicroCrap when it comes to internet apps.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Taz

You have the option to select which critical critical update you wish to accept if you select custom, that's what I am talking about.

I don't blindly accept all the updates that come from Microsoft

Cheers,
                Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                  I don't blindly accept all the updates that come from Microsoft
                  I wouldn't have thought anyone who posts here does, but your average user is a lot more trusting
                  When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

You guys use windows update? Why? autopatcher
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                      I'm staying with Firefox. I have about zero faith in MicroCrap when it comes to internet apps.
                      thought the same, but at home Firefox gives me a hard time crashing into a blue screen with "driver irql or less" (can't remember it more exactly) ... and it happens only with Firefox.

But didn't want to hijack the thread ... if i can select not to update to IE7 via the custom updates, it's ok
                      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
                        thought the same, but at home Firefox gives me a hard time crashing into a blue screen with "driver irql or less" (can't remember it more exactly) ... and it happens only with Firefox.

But didn't want to hijack the thread ... if i can select not to update to IE7 via the custom updates, it's ok
                        Uhh... dude, you need to fix your machine. Blue screens are from hardware errors nowadays, not from software.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          Uhh... dude, you need to fix your machine. Blue screens are from hardware errors nowadays, not from software.
                          Agreed.
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                            give me any hint about the hardware that only Firefox is able to stress so much that it bluescreens and i'm more than happy to rip it out and replace it with a new one ....
                            "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
                              give me any hint about the hardware that only Firefox is able to stress so much that it bluescreens and i'm more than happy to rip it out and replace it with a new one ....
                              Nic drivers.
                              I have a computer we use as a mini "server" with built in gigabit nic on an NV2 chipset.
                              I had to change it out becuase it would BS if I downloaded a file larger than 256mb.
                              Stuck in an old 10/100 nic and disabled the onboard gigabit: problem fixed.

So it is possible, depending on how you use the software.
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X