X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Moviefactory Studio Pro Edition

BestStuff.com article....

News release....

InterVideo Ulead Presents Next-generation HD DVD Authoring Suite at HD DVD Professionals Workshop for Microsoft Windows Media

Professional and Consumer Post-production Application Evaluation for Hollywood Community

FREMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--InterVideo®, Inc (NASDAQ:IVII) and its partner Ulead® Systems, Inc. (TSE:2487), industry leaders in video, image and DVD software, announced today a presentation of next-generation HD DVD Authoring Suite at the HD DVD Professionals Workshop held in the THX Best Practices Laboratory by Microsoft.

Microsoft held the HD DVD Professionals Workshop to introduce its latest tools including VC-1 and HDi™. At the session, InterVideo Ulead presented its total HD DVD solution -- HD DVD Authoring Suite. The Suite includes InterVideo WinDVD® for HD DVD-quality playback, Ulead DVD MovieFactory® Studio Pro Edition for authoring and a professional Muxer for creating HD DVD compatible titles. The tools were presented to the Hollywood community for post-production application evaluation.

DVD MovieFactory Studio Pro Edition, which is expected to be the first HD DVD-R product on the market,,supports input from VC1 Streams, Dolby® Digital and Dolby Digital+ audio as well as customized HDi objects. DVD MovieFactory Studio Pro Edition supports output to HD DVD-R, HD DVD folders, DVD-R/RW, ISO Image and CMF/AACS formats.

The HD DVD Authoring Suite Muxer offers versatile, professional authoring capabilities. Adopted by the DVD Forum to develop verification discs, the Muxer supports all functions in the HD DVD spec. 1.0 and supplements including HD-DVD Type I & Type II, sub-video and sub-audio. InterVideo® WinDVD is the world’s first-on-market HD DVD software player and has been bundled with Toshiba’s Qosmio G30 notebook.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 October 2006, 08:01.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Ulead hasn't even announced a product by that title... at least I don't see it on the Ulead Web site.

This must be coming down the pike.

What is Microsoft HDi?

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

A typo

I think it was supposed to read "iHD", which is the menu/interactivity standard for HD DVD. Unlike current DVD's HD DVD will use a mix of ECMAScript (standardized JavaScript) and XML, which opens up a whole range of features not possible in the current system; picture in picture, new transparency capabilities etc.

BluRay uses something similar with BD-J (Blu-Ray Java)

These changes will require a re-write of authoring packages.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 October 2006, 22:43.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You're right.

iHD:

In response to HP's calls for mandatory managed copy and iHD support, the Blu- …

And there's been an interesting sideline battle between "iHD" and "BD-J":

iHD is an XML-based interactivity specification currently used by HD DVD. It is not "Microsoft's iHD," but rather a specification developed jointly by Microsoft, Disney, and the DVD Forum. For the moment, Blu-ray uses an alternative specification, the Java-based BD-J. The exact issues of debate between the camps supporting each specification isn't entirely clear. For instance, iHD supporters argue that iHD integration into Windows means that iHD will be cheaper to license than BD-J, and will afford for greater integration with the dominant home operating system (i.e., Windows). BD-J members believe that the licensing will soon be a moot issue once players are sold en masse, and while iHD is a specification that can be supported on any platform, they feel as though a Java-based solution is more universal and cross-platform friendly.
        Jerry Jones

Comment

More here:

Jerry Jones

Comment

Working...
          X