Winamp 5.3 crashes with a runtime error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp 5.3 crashes with a runtime error

After upgrading from Winamp 5.1 to Winamp 5.3 I always get a runtime error when I play mp3 files. Other formats work fine. I made a screen shot of that error. Does anyone know what causes this error? I was reading some threads in the Winamp forums and tried out several things (disable the plugins for portable media players for ex.) but the problem is still there

Jörg
    Attached Files
    Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

See link below for a possible solution:
    http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=249130,

You could also try getting the latest updates (although they probably do not make a difference):
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Lambo-Fan
      I was reading some threads in the Winamp forums and tried out several things (disable the plugins for portable media players for ex.) but the problem is still there
      Ah, somehow I missed that :|
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

*cough*foobar2k*cough*.

Comment

*cough*xmplay*cough*
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I fixed the problem. It was caused by one third-party plugin that I used to enable 24 bit rendering but Winamp 5.3 supports that already by default now so I don't need that other plugin anymore

Jörg
            Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X