Outlook Express 5 Memory Hog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express 5 Memory Hog?

I have recently downloaded MS IE5 and tools (I got bored) and I like the new setup.. but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that if you start and then close Outlook Express that it sometimes leaves a thread running called MSIMN (priority Normal, 16-19MB in size) running even when you exit the program... mostly it happens if I close it using the little X in the upper right hand corner.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same.

(one day before I figured out what was going on there were 27 entries taking up about 450MB of Ram and Swapfile space)

Well anyways.. I now make sure to use my new little program I found and kill the process if it is still running after I exit the program.

Charles

------------------
    PII-350@412(4*103), QDI Brilliant 1 (Bios 1.4SL), 256MB Ram, SB PCI128, Matrox Mystique G200+8MB (Altered Ramdac to 250 from 230)(Bios 2.2, Drivers 4.51, OpenGL Beta2) , 12MB Monster Voodoo2, Daytek 1536D 15" (1024*768*60Hz Max) 8.6 Seagate Medalist, LiteOn 32x, LS-120, 33.6 ISA Acer Modem. And some other stuff to boot

PII-412, 256MB, 26.8 GB, 16MB G200 Mystique, LS-120, 48x Creative CD, SB 128

27 entries!!!

Damn! I'm suprised your computer worked at all. Glad to hear you've since correct that.

About Outlook. I find that most Micorsoft products take up lots of memory and leave things behind. I stay away from IE5 and related products. As I always say with Microsoft..."The more, The scarier"

btw-I have 8 things running upon bootup and that's still way to high, but I can't live without the programs that are running
    (well, maybe one)

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I have the same thing with some streaming video pages... When I kill all pages, the datastream goes on. Only by killing the connection and connecting again the flow of data is killed.

I use Netscape to view these pages, but Win98 is the culprit in my opinion.

Haven't found out how to reset it though.

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Don't know how to reset it. The three finger salute old friend Ctrl alt del. Or the proper way shut down and restart.

Bloatware and crap programming rules

Comment

Looking for Lara !!!!

Comment

Looking for Lara !!!!

Comment

Looking for Lara !!!!

Comment

Looking for Lara !!!!

Comment

Looking for Lara !!!!

Comment