What is going on in today's world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on in today's world!

With new generation like this, the world just has to come to the end one of these days... .

-- Multiple people have been shot at an Amish school in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, a state police spokesman says.

-

NICKEL MINES, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A gunman killed "a number" of people at a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday in Pennsylvania's Lancaster County, state police said.

The shooter was among the dead, state police Cpl. Ralph Striebig said.

"There are a number of people dead," Striebig said. "The exact number I do not know yet."

About three dozen Amish people were standing behind a police line, and at least two ambulances had left the scene, WGAL-TV said. Television news helicopters showed a person being taken away on a stretcher to a waiting medical helicopter.

The Lancaster County 911 Web site reported that dozens of emergency units were dispatched to a "medical emergency" at 10:45 a.m. Monday.
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Here's a little bit more on the details:

A 32-year-old truck driver took more than a dozen students hostage in a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday, barred the doors with boards and fatally shot at least six people including himself, authorities said.

The gunman, identified as Charles Carl Roberts, had been in the school about 45 minutes before police got the call, State Police Commissioner Jeffrey B. Miller said. Officers had to break windows to get into the school. By then, three young girls and the gunman were dead, he said.

Police said earlier the gunman sent the male students outside while keeping the girls in and blocking the doors...
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I'm not particularly religious, but any time Jesus wanted to do that Second Coming thing would be fine with me.

We're just going to have to start teaching our kids that if someone like this comes into their classroom they should just bum-rush the bastard. Throw their books, trapper keepers, pens, pencils, anything they can get their hands on at the SOB and RUSH him. Some of them may take a bullet, but sitting meekly in their seats doing as they're told will only get them all killed.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X