Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operpass collapses in Montreal.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/am....ap/index.html
    I have driven only twice thru this area, and each time thinking that the condition of these overpassess were terrible, and was happy to be off them as quickly as possible.
    These over passes are sometimes almost 100 ft above ground , and in dire need of repair.
    I will certainly be taking a different route next time
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

What's really sad, are these roads and most of the Montreal infastructure were built and "rushed" for the Olympics in 1976. Wait until the engineer's report comes out after this.

Comment

Sounds like the "Big Dig" North
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

This world is so pathetically lacking in leadership qualities nowadays.

There appeared to have been some advance warning signs of trouble with the overpass in Laval, part of the Greater Montreal Area. One witness told TVA television network that he noticed the road had sunk an inch or two when he traveled over the overpass minutes before the collapse, and he called emergency dispatchers.

An inspector from Transport Quebec, the provinces transportation ministry, was sent to the site about 30 minutes before the tragedy, but the overpass remained open.

Comment

The designer of the bridge said that there was a gross lack of maintenance on these bridges once they were built.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

gross lack = big fat zero

municipal workers showed up at the site of the collapse 30 minutes before. picked up the peices of concret that had fallen and went on thier way.

these guys are some of the hardest workers around. when they are not driving around from one tim hortens to another you'll see 5 of them on a roadside watching 1 guy digging a hole.

on the laval side they are even worse than on the island. not that they are good on montreal currently. I remember when i was in highschool (before the unification) Dorval mayor would give 100$ to anyone who found a pot hole big enough to fit a chicken.
              /meow
              Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
              Asus Striker ][
              8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
              Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

You'd think they would have been more careful after the tunnel problems here in Boston.
                Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Now if somebody had just painted an English sign on that overpass it WOULD have been shut down.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                  X