Corrupted video - Ati firegl X3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted video - Ati firegl X3

I am getting a strange behaviour from my Firegl video card.
    It will invert/corrupt video, but only some video - for example the video referenced in this thread: http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?t=58868
    Really disapointing for a $1000 video card
    and it's really hard to watch pron
    I am using driver version 8.223.0.0 on WinXP
    Worked fine with my old MSI Fx5500.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Odd... I have the same graphics board in my PC at home, and using the 8.223 driver also on WinXP. I just tried that video link and it works fine for me.

However, I did have a problem with what I think you are describing when I was using my Radeon 9800Pro. It had to do with a hardware acceleration setting in windows media player that I had to turn off or change because it didn't work with the ATI driver correctly. But with the X3 board I haven't had any problems with all acceleration turned on.

Comment

Tried disabling wmv acceleration, did nothing.
      Dropped the slider one notch on the driver acceleration and bingo!, works fine now.

Thanks.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I'd give ATI a shout then, used to have to do this a lot with older drivers, but the newer ones ought to be rock solid.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Seems to be ok now on video with the acceleration set lower, but my cursor in one of my CAD apps is fubar'ed now.
          I guess I'll have to live without the pron then
          Due to the source of the card, calling ATI isn't an option (NOT stolen, BTW)
          Hopefully the next set of drivers will address the issue.

Comment

Calling ATI is always an option, if the card isn't stolen. Even if it's OEM they'll likely give you a hand with it.

You could at least post over at Rage3D about the problem, they can offer better help.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Thanks, I'll try the RAGE 3D forums.

Comment

B'ah, it's working now

Comment

Working...
                X