$100m homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100m homes

Berlin (AFP) – The German FA’s (DFB) inquiry into the 2006 World Cup scandal is set to cost around 3.5 million euros ($3.83m), interim

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

$100m HOME? There is nothing homely about such edifices. They are show-off-pieces to make a statement how rich you are, very frequently built by people who are nouveau riche and filled with articles of bad taste and little practical use. For example, solid 24 k gold taps are just ridiculous: stainless steel or bronze would work much better and require less maintenance.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

There's a show (or two) on one of the home channels (TLC, HGTV, whichever) here that goes around looking at homes in that price range (and another that does a range of prices). You'd be surprised that a lot of them aren't as extravagant as you'd expect in certain areas. Then again, in others it's just ridiculous.

As Brian said, there's no reason beyond looks and some absurd sense of prestige that comes from the choice in materials. Much of it is structurally inadequate, prone to rapid wear, and just a plain hassle to maintain.

Stainless steel or bronze are definitely a far better choice and they look better anyhow.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Exactly! Gold really doesn't look good.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Comment

Hehe. Rather fitting I'd say.
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
            X