spooler32 error when using hp6l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spooler32 error when using hp6l

Does anyone know how to fix this without having to disable the spooling program.
    It seems to effect various machines of different configurations across a department.
    The operating systems are win95 or 98. Any ideas anyone.

back to the top

Comment

Hi kasper !

Maybe it is running out of diskspace ...

You know, spooler data is vast.

One print from Freehand, in DIN A4 sucks up about 100MB @ 720 dpi.

Try it again and observe your diskspace ...

------------------
      Cheers,
      Maggi

Asus P2B-S - Celeron 500A (!) - Mystique G200 @ 162MHz PowerStrip - 8MB SDRAM

Comment

I don't think so I did say that it effects computers across the department.

Comment

Hi kasper,

Did you try re-installing the software that contains the spooler-program ??

I had such a fault with my hp600 deskjet printer, and reinstalled the drivers.
          That cleared the problem. Maybe the spooler32.exe is damaged by some unusefull handling. Just re-install.

Jorden.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yep they tried that.

Comment

But it didn't work?

Jordâ„¢

Comment

You've guessed it. Downloaded some info of HP website but the techie for the department is away so I put under his door. I hopefully that will fix it.

Comment

Hi Kasper,

I'm guessing, but is it a network? Maybe NT based?

If so, re-install the drivers on the server, and reboot it. When you re-boot, be sure that all printers on the network are off-line or disabled from the network (which is easier).
                  Then after the re-boot, re-enable or switch them back on, one by one, and try a page-print from the server.

If all printers come through okay, there's no problem.

If one (or more) of the printers goes haywire, you know which one it is and can exclude it from the network. Maybe the (toner-)cartridge of this printer is out of ink, or something else is broken...

Jorden.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

The network is Novell based from 3.11 to 4 depending which server they're on. However the problem is with the 95/8 machines and is therefore local. It only seems to be effecting hp6 printers as well. Removing and re-installing the printers doesn't make a differance either.

Comment

back to the top

Comment

Dont sure if this would be of any help at all, but it happens to me and it got fixed.

I have win 95 and win98 machines connecting via 10base-T cables and NIC, it happens if I overclock my PCI bus, (since I am using 83MHZ PCI bus due to celeron overclocking) there are spooling errors and file transfer errors associated with network file transfer and network printings.

The workaround I have is to use real mode 16bit NDIS driver in win95/98, instead of 32 bit enhanced mode NDIS driver in the overclocked machine. The problem is gone forever, it is been running rock solid for months since I did this.

[This message has been edited by tylau (edited 05-01-99).]

Comment

No overclocking just Windows 98 machines running Novell Client to connect to a Novell server.
                          The spooler error occured before the Novell Client install. Anymore ideas anyone.

Comment

Just a question kasper,

but this network has had this fault for what? two weeks now? do you still work?

go check on the novell homepage... it might be in their FAQ's.

Jorden.
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Looking for Lara !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X