Ulead Media Studio help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead Media Studio help

Does anyone know how to join two videos together into one file and have them running next to each other at the same time? If it's not possible with this software is there any thing else out there that can?

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean having one as an insert in the other or do you want two equal size images side-by-side on the screen. Either way it is easy. For the first, use a Moving Path Picture in picture applied to the second clip, making sure the "Keep Aspect Ratio" box is ticked and that the start and end keyframes are the same. For the second, you apply a similar technique to BOTH clips, adjusting the size and position of each to suit. If you have MSP8, this is easy because you can drag, size and position each clip on the Preview window on the LH keyframe in Effects Manager then right-click the keyframe and apply copy to all. On earlier versions, it is more of a manual job, inserting numbers in the 4 boxes.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

If you mean two video pictures squeezed into two rectangles that run side-by-side, the answer is YES.

You would use the MOVING PATHS commands in Ulead to achieve that effect.

Jerry Jones
      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

The word "join" makes me think our friend wants to (in the film terminology) splice two
        files to make 1 whole movie. Am I correct ?

Debbie
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Sounds like one of two things;

1. side-by-side picture in pictures, in which both are scaled to fit the frame using stationary moving paths (start & end keyframes have the same settings).

2. split scren, which requires horizontal clippng of both sources using a full clip length Slide transition set to 50% or, again, two moving paths.

Pick one.
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 September 2006, 07:36.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The second one, the two videos in one file in the same screen. e.g. playing two different video's at the same time in the one file, next to each other. The purpose is for stereo vision. I have Video Studio editor 7 & 10.
            Last edited by parle; 1 October 2006, 02:31.

Comment

Ok guys I tried in Video Edition 7 and modified the picture in picture feature in moving paths. It worked pretty well. Video Editor 10 doesn't seem to have the feature at all. So far no problem, and thanks for all your guys help, if I have any more trouble i'll be sure to post back.

Comment

Hey guys back again,

I tried doing the side by side video by modifying one of the existing moving paths, the problem is the box keeps changing shape and moving up the screen. Is it possible to make everything fixed in one position? I am using Video Editor 7.

The moving path I modified is called "center picture in picture".

Thanks
                Last edited by parle; 1 October 2006, 15:58.

Comment

Make sure the moving paths start and end keyframes have the same X/Y and Height/Width settings.
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 October 2006, 16:54.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

As I said in my earlier post:

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                    If you have MSP8, this is easy because you can drag, size and position each clip on the Preview window on the LH keyframe in Effects Manager then right-click the keyframe and apply copy to all. On earlier versions, it is more of a manual job, inserting numbers in the 4 boxes.
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                    X