What I've learned today about PL military aid and capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I've learned today about PL military aid and capabilities

While checking numbers on Wikipedia about donations from US (from F-14 thread) I've found something interesting...
    Specifically that current military aid, by US, for Poland is (or at least was recently) bigger than for Israel...

But that's not the best part.

We were...nuclear power! With around 250 warheads at disposal of PL top commanders at the end of the 80's. Best part is...sources don't specify what actually happened since then, you can only guess. Probably similar fate that happened to...weapons grade nuclear material that was in our possesion until...this summer. When it was transferred to secure site in Russia.
    Possibly because of ridding of it anyway the whole thing wasn't very publicised...
    Same as biological weapons (labs were subsequently transformed into, among other things, fighting such threats). OTOH apparently we still have large number of chemical agents... (I suppose most of them are dangerous enough and hard enough to destroy that it's better to keep them until "expiry date" is reached?)
Working...
X