Back from the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the UK

I got back in from my week long trip from the UK on Monday night and well I'm bored at work...so I'll fill you in on it

The flight in was fine and security wasn't that big of a deal. My buddy who I was meeting up with was out there a week prior visiting his family met me at the airport..and I was cracking up since I made an attempt to blend in with the locals with wearing jeans and a nice button down shirt, where as he had on Shorts with a 4th Infantry Division Tee shirt...can't think of any other way to scream I'm an American then that!

We got a bus up to Cambridge and had Burger King for Lunch...go figure . We got a cab to the B&B we where staying at...separate rooms, don't go that way LOL , spent the night then went the Imperial War Museum at Duxford for the day...it was awesome there! The next day was a travel day on the trains, down to Bovington. We got another B&B down there and went to the Tank Muesum out at Camp Bovington on Thrusday, it was really really cool there. On Friday got on the train again to Fokestone for Euromilitare, which is one of the biggest Military Modeling shows in the World. The weather was OUTSTANDING! From what I understand the weather was worse back home then in the UK when I was there. It rained a little on Friday and was kinda crappy Monday, but I was on the way home so I didnt give a damn. It was accuatlly a bit on the warmside to tell you the turth.

We met up with a couple of Canadains that we knew from modelling related websites we goto and I noticed that one of them had on a Matrox jacket...so I had to ask if he worked for them...he did but got let go about 5 years ago. I told him I had a general Idea of what was going on and he basically really didnt have anything nice to say about the company, basically the owners of the company didnt give a rats ass since they where too busy blowing their money on their own little projects and the management team lead by Dan Wood was the biggest group of suckups he ever seen and ran the company into the ground (go figure!)

I have about 800 or so photos I took, I'll pick out some of the better ones and post them here in the next couple days.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?
Working...
X