Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Native HDV Editing Now Endorsed By All -- Except SONY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native HDV Editing Now Endorsed By All -- Except SONY!

1. Apple Final Cut Pro utilizes native MPEG editing technology for HDV.

Final Cut Pro revolutionizes post-production with 360° video editing and motion graphics, 4K HDR support, and advanced tools for color correction.

2. Ulead MediaStudio Pro and even Ulead's less-expensive, consumer-level VideoStudio utilize native MPEG editing technology for HDV.

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

3. Adobe Premiere Pro now utilizes native MPEG editing technology for HDV.

4. Avid Xpress Pro HD offers native HDV support.

I see nothing on the Vegas 7 Web site that suggests SONY did much to improve on version 6 in this regard.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
    Last edited by Jerry Jones; 26 September 2006, 15:44.

Jerry you are right, still no "SmartRender" for MPEG-2 in Vegas 7. I use V7 almost exclusively now and would definitely like that feature.

Vegas is so damn slick and stable and the audio handling is so good I'm hooked though. I love being able to throw effect on clips and just have things just keep moving along. Actually there are about a hundred things I love about Vegas... and just a few I don't, like the lack of SmartRender.

Also, V7 multithreads really well. Plus if you have a dual core machine and don't want it to hog both cpu's you can set the threads to 1 and it actually does leave resources so you can do other work while rendering.

The only time I go into MSPro now is when I need a SmartRender.

- Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Mark,

I'd be willing to take another look at VEGAS if SONY would just "see the light" on native MPEG editing.

Why?

Because I truly believe AVCHD is going to be the next "DV."

If SONY could gives us NATIVE AVCHD, plus the key strengths you identified, then -- BOOM -- that program would rock.

But they've listened to the wrong consultants, in my view.

Now, it's really a "niche" product with limited appeal (as is Ulead MediaStudio Pro).

I fear APPLE may even beat Ulead to the punch when it comes to native AVCHD editing capability.

Jerry Jones
      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

I can drag MP4 clips to the timeline in V7 but I don't have any AVCHD clips to try.

Hopefully when the in camera processing catches up with AVCHD's requirements we'll start to see what the format can really do.

- Mark
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
        X