ZPrinter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZPrinter

3D Systems has the largest portfolio of 3D Printers. We offer 3D Printing solutions for manufacturing, prototyping, casting, dental and more.

$20k, but jeezzzz what a toy
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

$20k isn't all that bad really. Did a lot of work with the commercial versions of these at my last job. Well, I made the designs and watched someone else make them

Rapid prototyping at its best.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

It is a bargain considering several year back it cost over 1, 000 000.00 to buy one of those.
      And prototypes are not the only use for them. In medical field, from x-ray to a solid model gives the surgeon a real look of the crushed bones, he knows what he’s dealing with before he even cut the skin open… .
      Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
        I made the designs and watched someone else make them
        Are you designing molds?

Comment

Well, I created the designs the molds were based off of (all done using AutoCAD). But that was 3 or 4 years ago at my last job. The company basically dwindled away and none of the projects we were using these things for came full circle. Which sucks because they were filling a need that still hasn't been met in their respective markets.

Comment

As a sculptor I am hesitant and intrigued to play with something like this. Iwould have a lot of fun scaling things both larger and smaller based on my need. I always found myself combining classical techiques with new stuff in odd ways back in art school. This could lead to more of that.
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
              Well, I created the designs the molds were based off of (all done using AutoCAD). But that was 3 or 4 years ago at my last job. The company basically dwindled away and none of the projects we were using these things for came full circle. Which sucks because they were filling a need that still hasn't been met in their respective markets.
              Maybe they're made somewhere in China we don't even know of... .
              Did you ever use Unigraphics/NX software?

Comment

Can't say I ever did. I've heard of it, but acquiring new software at the company was akin to trying to fondle a bull's balls Only reason we had AutoCAD was because the engineering guys had it (they used it for piping and industrial schematics).

Comment

Now we just need a 3d scanner
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Found one:

now the fun can begin...if you got a shitload of cash that is

Well 10 years forward and it will probably be cheap enough
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                    X