Face on Mars - New Images of Cydonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face on Mars - New Images of Cydonia

Maybe now people will believe NASA that it never really looked like a face...

The European Space Agency portal features the latest news in space exploration, human spaceflight, launchers, telecommunications, navigation, monitoring and space science.

“And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Government conspiracy!

Comment

New Mars 'Face' Pictures

The European Space Agency portal features the latest news in space exploration, human spaceflight, launchers, telecommunications, navigation, monitoring and space science.

edit: From Slashdot.org
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Looks like a face to me...
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I was listening to the radio last night flipping through stations when I heard Mr. Face on Mars himself, Richard Hoagland talking about how we need to petition to get the MRO to take high-res pictures of the various "indisputable" ruins of ancient civilizations on Mars. While I typically feel pity for people with severe mental illnesses, I really have to try hard to feel sorry for that dumb-f*@k. I mean, the FAKE MOON LANDING people make a more logical argument then that fool, at least some of them give a decent monetary argument (the money that was supposed to be used for the space program really went to the military or some other conspiracy.) How the hell is the government, either the "shadow" one, or the real one, supposed to benefit from launching expensive space probes to Mars to take pictures of alien ruins and then hide them from us?

Comment

But in your heart you really wanted it to be the face from 'Mission to Mars'
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
              I was listening to the radio last night flipping through stations when I heard Mr. Face on Mars himself, Richard Hoagland talking about how we need to petition to get the MRO to take high-res pictures of the various "indisputable" ruins of ancient civilizations on Mars. While I typically feel pity for people with severe mental illnesses, I really have to try hard to feel sorry for that dumb-f*@k. I mean, the FAKE MOON LANDING people make a more logical argument then that fool, at least some of them give a decent monetary argument (the money that was supposed to be used for the space program really went to the military or some other conspiracy.) How the hell is the government, either the "shadow" one, or the real one, supposed to benefit from launching expensive space probes to Mars to take pictures of alien ruins and then hide them from us?
              Well why haven't they told us about the Stargate program? Because it would cause mass panic, THAT'S WHY!
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

The "Stargate is real" version of finding out there are aliens would seem to be much preferable to the Star-Control one: "Hi there Earthlings, if you aren't busy right now, would you mind helping us other space-faring species in a futile attempt to stop an invasion by a highly aggressive alien race that wants to imprison or enslave all sentient life in the galaxy?"

Comment

Well there's always the Hitchhikers Guide way
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

All mountains just look like boobs to me.
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

But in your heart you really wanted it to be the face from 'Mission to Mars'
                      Or 'Futurama'.

Hey, everyone knows that the government nuked the Cydonia site to destroy the evidence, anyway.

Kevin

Comment

Actually, it looks like Cornelius in 'Planet Of The Apes.'

Kevin

Comment

throw the "doubting Thomases" into an inflatable HAB and shoot it into Mars orbit, ending the arguement and testing long term the hab with undesirables so if there are issues, we dont worry so much
                          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Working...
                          X