Grrr Stupid Online bank Powers of Attorney not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrr Stupid Online bank Powers of Attorney not

Funny when Powers of Attorney suddenly become zero powers.

The idea of having powers of Attorney is that the person you're looking after doesn't have to worry about technical matters etc.

So I wanted to check my Mothers online account at the Allience Leicester but the pin number I stored for it was wrong. Yup my fault so the account is now locked out.

No problem I'll ring them up. So I do and tell them whats happened.

Sorry sir the account is in your Mothers name.

Yup I've got powers of Attorney.

I'll just check if we can unlock the account. Sorry I can't.

Look I've got Powers of Attorney.

Sorry the account is not in your name.

So rather Angry I tell that there security sucks. So I get passed on.

A few security questions and the gentleman says he's going to reset the account.

The line goes on hold and stays for ages and I get passed to another women. The dragon of Security.

I go through all the security checks again and pass.

Sorry Sir I cannot reset the account.

You get the feeling that you banging your head against the wall.

The woman burbles on about thta I need to open an account and then I can get the account reset.

I tell her I don't want an account.

Dragon refuses.

I tell her my Mother is here and she can speak to her.

Dragon refuses.

So I've got no online access due there stupid security codes.

Ideally I would close the account if she didn't have her pension and several direct debits setup.

The security there is really stupid. One time the Police needed the names of the cash tills that some money was withdrawn when My Mother had her card stolen. Despite speaking to her they refused to give the details out. So the Police had fill out all the data protection forms to get the information. Barclays for example put the date and time and cash till on the bank statement so it's not hard to give out the information.

Bah enougth of stupidity.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I don't know about the laws in the UK, but here power of attorney doesn't really give you access to everything. Here, the best thing to do is set up a Living Trust and be appointed the executor. In the US, that gives you total control over the person's assets (or just specific things if its written that way) if they are disabled etc or under certain conditions spelled out in the trust.

Comment

Well according to the Solictor it supposed to give myself and my sister control if needed. If the Bank needed more information the bank should have told us when we applied and notified them.

If the dragon said "okay we need a letter from my Mother" it wouldn't have been so bad but it gets rather rediculus when they refuse to talk to my mother who was there in the house.

The Bank needs to have a long hard look at itself on how it deals with elderly sick people. At the moment they're not geared up for it.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
      X