Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cat 6.9

New Features

This release of Catalyst® introduces CrossFire™ support for the Intel 965 Chipset. This feature is available for D3D applications, and is supported on ATI Radeon® X1900 CrossFire™ edition products. This feature is supported under the Windows XP operating system.

Performance Improvement

As with most Catalyst® releases, performance has increased in various situations.
    • 3DMark2006 overall performance improves 6.7-23.7% with anti-aliasing enabled due to improvements in HyperZ efficiency on the Radeon® X1300, X1600 and X1800 series of products. The largest gains can be seen on Crossfireâ„¢ configurations and/or 256MB card configurations at resolutions of 1280x1024 or greater
    • Doom3 performances improves up to 9.3% due to further OpenGL shader complier and transform engine optimizations on the entire Radeon® X1000 Series of products. The largest gains can be seen on Radeon® X1900 configurations at resolutions of 1600x1200 or higher
    /meow
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Asus Striker ][
    8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
    Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

More Bullshit speed improvements. Okay a few titles may have benifted by overall most of the claims are rubbish.

Dare I try these since I've got duff memory limping along at nearly half speed.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I haven't updated my catalysts since about 6.2 or 3. Is there any point with an X800XT? All the improvements I've seen in headlines refer to X1000 series for quite a while.
      FT.

Comment

Working...
      X