• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI: IV rumors

1. Tom Teriffic out, Brad Pitt in

2 he gets $52 million for the role

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Don't dislike Tom in movies (well, most of them), but the direction the Mission Impossible movies took after the first one... umm, yeah....

Maybe they'll try to get back to something a bit more sophisticated and possibly witty (thinking of Ocean's Eleven/Twelve and Mr. & Mrs. Smith). Otherwise it'll just be more of the same regardless of the actor in the lead.

I can think of actors I'd rather see take the helm though.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Never liked Tom,
      don't like Brad either
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

What's wrong with Brad Pitt?
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Ah, he's too much a 'pretty boy'
          and he's taking all the good looking girls out of circulation
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Well if you had Ron Perlman you aren't going to get any female viewers

I've always been a Pitt fan - I think he'd be great - I thought he was excellent in Mr & Mrs Smith, playing a similar character in MI:IV he would pull it off.
            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
              Have you ever seen Fight Club?
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I just saw MI:3 and while still being the "one man show with side kicks" instead of mission imposible it was better than MI:2.

What I really would like with the next is a real mission impossible movie centering on a Team!

(like it was in both tv series before they blew it in the first movie)
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                  Have you ever seen Fight Club?
                  he's also not a pretty boy in Twelve Monkeys and Kalifornia.

Comment

I don't care if he's a pretty boy. He's an amazing actor. He can do action, comedy, bat-sh*t insane, what more do you want?

Seriously, his performance in Twelve Monkeys earned him a lifetime of respect and admiration from me.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

12 Monkeys & Fight Club

|Mehen|

FYI Ron Perlman was the hottie-of-hotties when he appeared in TV's "Beauty and the Beast" opposite Linda Hamilton (1987-1990). In fact it still has a large female following that trade taped episodes etc. (no DVD yet)......

B & B TunnelRing (webring)

Typical ring fansite

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Catherine & Vincent

My wife is one of the B & B faithful
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 September 2006, 07:35.
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by gt40

That's bender speaking not me

Yes as an actor he is infinetly better that Tom, but I still have a hard time accepting some of the characters - they are just too good looking to be believable in the roll.

Comment

Working...
                        X